Summer stitching.

Old July 14th 10, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default Summer stitching.

On 7/14/10 12:54 AM, in article
, "Liz from
Humbug" wrote:

On Jul 13, 11:32*am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 7/12/10 4:37 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:
On 7/12/2010 3:41 PM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
* *I've been sitting out in the dappled shade of the
oak trees. *They're not the big thick trunked oak, but very tall.
There are also loads of pine and fir around. *I love to sit and listen
to the breeze in the tree tops and to the birds twittering and calling
to each other.

I love the mental picture you painted. When I stitched "And a Forest
Grew", I changed the quotes used in the piece, and the one in the small
tree now says:

"Breeze is the conductor, trees the musicians, and leaves the instruments."

sue

Excellent quote!

Ellice

I've added it to my "Sampler Sayings" page. I don't know when I'll
get to it but I'm thinking of squiggly lines, trees and leaves to go
in between the words. :-)
Liz from Humbug

Ah, great or not so great (self) minds thinking alike... Sounds like just
the thing. I was thinking of doing something with some surface or
dimensional work to go with it. It'll be interesting to see how our end
products - some decade - complement each other.

Plus a lovely woman visiting at Sampler Guild this past Saturday gave me a
Martha Washington quote, with a request to design a small sampler. I needed
an inspiration for something not on canvas or Congress - so, that's now on
the sketching pad....But, like Donna, at this point I'm busy with things
that cannot be shown until they meet their various deadlines, destinations,
judges, needlework police, etc.

Ellice