So who has meet in "real life"

Old June 6th 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default So who has meet in "real life"

On Jun 5, 9:09*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 12:05:44 -0700 (PDT),

" wrote:
Isn't there a poster who lives in the Cotswolds ? I shall be in Uley
in late September.

I live in Wiltshire near stonehenge if you want to meet up when your
Jan in unusually hot Britain

I knew there was someone ! *I go to Uley over in Glos. then usually
take the coach from Cirencester back to Heathrow, then cab to my uncle
and aunts in Wallington.

I thought maybe you were Chippenham way, Stonehenge sounds quite a
distance, maybe I am wrong though ?

I'm halfway between Chippenham and Swindon but as not many
International people know thearea , Stonehenge is a good reference
point. Avebury if you know it is actually very much closer.
Jan
Old June 6th 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jun 6, 1:53*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/5/10 3:05 PM, in article
,

" wrote:
On Jun 5, 12:35 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 07:21:40 -0400, Cheryl Isaak

wrote:
Me (in completely random order)
Gillian M, Elizabeth C, Sheena M, Donna L, Evelyn M, Bobbie V, Margaret St
J, Susan G (rctn'r and shop owner), Tia Mary, Karen C, Maryanne A (former
rctn'r and fellow hockey mom) - who am I forgetting

Have talked to Anne E (aka frugal fingers) Lucille, Jere (former) and Ellice
on the phone more than once

Next....

Cheryl

I have - obviously - met Cheryl and Elizabeth C, accompanied by
Cheryl's DD, Dawne in Regina, nearly met Joan in ND, actually diverted
to GForks but it wasn't to be, Sharon in NB and Gillian when she came
here. I also know Mavia and Ruby, Halifax and Dartmouth are twin
cities, I am on the right side of the harbour and they are on the dark
side lolol

There was someone who posted for awhile here who lived in Dartmouth
but I think she left, she is married to the navy, we always meant to
get together but you know how it is. I discovered there was someone
living in Halifax with whom I went to boarding school in the UK. We
had both lived here since 1967. After the discovery, and talking on
the 'phone, it still took us another six years to get together and
then only because an ex student 15 years our junior from Ottawa was in
town and got us together.

Lucille and I tested out Skype in time for Gillians visit to PSL and
the three of us were there, plus Puff.

I should also have advised TM I was going to Gatlinburg, Tenn. but I
didn't realize she lived within shooting distance. No mind, shall
maybe go again one year.

Isn't there a poster who lives in the Cotswolds ? I shall be in Uley
in late September.

I live in Wiltshire near stonehenge if you want to meet up when your
Jan in unusually hot Britain

Next trip over....- Hide quoted text -

Look forward to it
Jan
Old June 6th 10, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

wrote:

Me (in completely random order)
Gillian M, Elizabeth C, Sheena M, Donna L, Evelyn M, Bobbie V, Margaret St
J, Susan G (rctn'r and shop owner), Tia Mary, Karen C, Maryanne A (former
rctn'r and fellow hockey mom) - who am I forgetting

Have talked to Anne E (aka frugal fingers) Lucille, Jere (former) and Ellice
on the phone more than once

Next....

Cheryl

Goalie pads have moved from my house to yours, but that doesn't
exactly constitute a meet, unfortunately.
I actually overlapped at college with former faq keeper Kathy Dyer,
but we probably never met there.
I have had the pleasure of stashing with Darla who hasn't posted in
ages and I'm not all that far from Sue Hartman and Ellice and would
love to arrange a IRL meeting with them and other Baltimore/DC folks
if possible.

Sara
Old June 6th 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/6/10 6:30 AM, in article
,

wrote:
[...]

Used to spend time in the UK while the DH had training in Cambridge. I will
be back over once, I do love it there.

Old June 6th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

wrote:

Me (in completely random order)
Gillian M, Elizabeth C, Sheena M, Donna L, Evelyn M, Bobbie V, Margaret St
J, Susan G (rctn'r and shop owner), Tia Mary, Karen C, Maryanne A (former
rctn'r and fellow hockey mom) - who am I forgetting

Have talked to Anne E (aka frugal fingers) Lucille, Jere (former) and Ellice
on the phone more than once

Next....

Cheryl

Goalie pads have moved from my house to yours, but that doesn't
exactly constitute a meet, unfortunately.

Gee, that has me laughing. There are now at least only 3 sets of goalie
pads here now. And DH is truly due for new ones - for ice. This week the
builder rep who was looking at our leak in the foundation took a glance
around the "fitness room" and asked "ummm....someone likes sports - are you
just collecting all this hockey stuff - how many kids are playing?" And
once again I get to explain, nope - it's all us. We now have a rolling
garment rack in that room - full of jerseys. That's a lot - for just one
couple. All those practice and various teams (from HS, college, grad-school
as DH had a year of NCAA eligibility left, travel teams from us both, rec
teams, beer league, clinics). Thankfully at least the oldest pads were
donated to the school we used to coach at. But still there are roller pads,
street pads, and then....all the ref gear, plus both our skating out sets of
gear. And the softball gear. It's a wonder that room doesn't stink.

I actually overlapped at college with former faq keeper Kathy Dyer,
but we probably never met there.
I have had the pleasure of stashing with Darla who hasn't posted in
ages and I'm not all that far from Sue Hartman and Ellice and would
love to arrange a IRL meeting with them and other Baltimore/DC folks
if possible.

Sara

Where are you, Sara? Sue & I have been at least doing the thinking about a
meet up. We're definitely due. Might be able to drag out the very busy
Ericka, and Donna. Sue W. is in this area as well.

Ellice

Old June 6th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/6/10 6:46 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 6/6/10 6:30 AM, in article
,

wrote:
[...]

AHAH - I have an idea - if my life ever straightens out - we could go
together. But, OTOH, I'm sort of jealous, and keep telling DH that if the
big girl job works out then we're definitely hitting the UK and France next
year. It would be fun to do a stitching and just for fun trip.

I had my lovely couple of years in the Southend area, and for most of my
grad school and then professional career had regular trips to the UK working
with colleagues in Cranfield, Leeds and at Imperial College in London. Plus
the place I worked near Southend.

Cheryl- I know you just want to bring back chocolate...and plants ;^)

ellice

Old June 7th 10, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:23:29 -0400, "Ellice K."
wrote:

Where are you, Sara? Sue & I have been at least doing the thinking about a
meet up. We're definitely due. Might be able to drag out the very busy
Ericka, and Donna. Sue W. is in this area as well.

Ellice

I'm in Dover, DE. The land of no real bookstores and no LNS. But I
have a car.... DS will be at sports announcing camp up at Villanova
the week of 6/21, but that may be too soon to arrange.

We have a garment rack for jerseys too, and the basement and garage
are stuffed full of equipment that dates back to DH's highschool days.

I hope we can make this work; it would be fun!

Sara
Old June 7th 10, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Oh Sara - those pads look SO TINY now compared to his current pair. I told
Ellice about this, but you (and everyone else) will enjoy this.

DS went to return his jerseys for his Flames team at the league storage
facility. Where the league just happened to be doing a MASSIVE clear out.
And being a true scion of my family, he brought something home that was
going to be trashed. A pair of 70's vintage goal pads - leather and horse
hair - in his length and nearly pristine. One of these weighs more than both
of his new pads.

They are "art" in his room

Old June 7th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/7/10 9:18 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I told DH about this...he enjoyed that. Of course, we have somewhere DH's
skates from the Cornell days - he played in them until about 7 years ago -
when finally the boot cracked to being not repairable (they were Laings,
molded kind of goalie boat, with hard shell, and inner liners. I promise
you, we still have pristine liners for these -but, hey, they were the skates
that he got from the team and he loved them. Don't want to talk about the
fights going thru goalie helmets. But, one of his Cornell team pix - which
his crazy sister had mounted on a Wheaties box (best present ever) has him
in the brown old pads - I'm sure it's his freshmen year pic - he's got long
hair, and is really thin on top - hadn't quite grown more. Makes it clear
as to why he chose hockey over football in college!

We have the dorm room "hockey stick hanging lamp" - complete with the late
70's bright paper shade on it. And a variety of hockey are. It's just
making sure the stinky stuff goes away - or gets hermetically sealed if not
cleanable ;^)