Help, new Bernina 155

Old May 12th 04, 02:34 PM
Polly Esther

Default Help, new Bernina 155

Maybe you can teach old dogs new tricks. Learning a new SM is mostly
fun - but this one has me stumped. I want to put two spools of thread on.
Need to do that for the twin needles and when running two threads to make a
heavy blanket stitch on appliqué. My Bernina book says to follow the
instructions in the "advanced" book or the "feet-ures" book. I don't have
either one. It crosses my mind that an old set of Tinker Toys might be
helpful, or putting a drinking straw over the vertical spool holder - but
there surely is a way to do it on a horizontal spool holder. I think (with
what little is left of my fried brain) that the Bernina 150 and 160 are very
similar. Can any of you guide me? Polly

Old May 12th 04, 03:02 PM
georg

Polly Esther wrote:

Maybe you can teach old dogs new tricks. Learning a new SM is mostly
fun - but this one has me stumped. I want to put two spools of thread on.
Need to do that for the twin needles and when running two threads to make a
heavy blanket stitch on appliqué. My Bernina book says to follow the
instructions in the "advanced" book or the "feet-ures" book. I don't have
either one. It crosses my mind that an old set of Tinker Toys might be
helpful, or putting a drinking straw over the vertical spool holder - but
there surely is a way to do it on a horizontal spool holder. I think (with
what little is left of my fried brain) that the Bernina 150 and 160 are very
similar. Can any of you guide me? Polly

If you have a vertical spool holder and a horizontal spool holder, can
you put one spool on each? That's what I do with my Kenmore when I want
2 spools.

-georg

Old May 12th 04, 03:02 PM
Betty in Wi

On my 150, I have an attachable verticle spool holder. It fastens into the
upper right side of the machine. It is white plastic and is a spool pin with
a flat base with a hook that slides into machine. Clear as mud?

Betty in WI

ink.net...

Old May 12th 04, 04:25 PM
Polly Esther

Well, yes. The 155 does have a vertical holder. It took me a while to figure
out where to put it and how. I wonder if one vertical and one horizontal is
the way, I'm not sure they would feed evenly and this is important. I am
working on "Grandma's Bunnies" and they are adorable. It sure feels silly to
sit at the Bernina 1230 because I can't double thread the new 155. Would you
believe this new honey has three magnifying lenses for when I need them and
three thread cutters and, and . . . ? Wow. Awed, but stupid - Polly

Old May 12th 04, 04:27 PM
frood

It should have 2 places on the tension thingy (sorry for the technical
jargon) to put thread, just for this purpose! Then that will make sure they
feed evenly down to the needle.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old May 12th 04, 04:40 PM
nana2b

I have a 153 and I have used the 2 threads for decorative stitching in a
crazy quilt. The feeding with the vertical holder was fine. When you
thread the machine put one thread to the left side and one to the right. No
problems with tension either. Good luck!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old May 12th 04, 04:52 PM

Polly,
My BabyLock has the vertical and horizontal spools and they feed just fine so
long as you thread through all the necessary tension thingies. I haven't
actually run it full speed pedal to the metal, more like slow to medium speed.
But it works fine. Can't imagine your Bernina wouldn't do as well.

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

"Betty in Wi" wrote in message
[...]

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old May 12th 04, 05:51 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Our own Teresa Creech owns a Bernina shop; ask her:
http://www.thepresserfoot.com/

Ragmop/Sandy

Old May 12th 04, 06:29 PM
Melissa in NJ

Ditto. I have done exactly this and it has worked perfectly!

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old May 12th 04, 09:33 PM
Polly Esther

Thank you all so much. I may drive you all crazy before I get done with my
flight lessons on new SM done. I just love having you to help. Polly

m...

Bernina 155? Polly Esther Quilting 10 May 5th 04 04:46 AM
Compact Fluorescent for Bernina -- Where? Dorothy B Quilting 0 April 8th 04 11:38 AM
My new Bernina Virtuosa 153!!! Diane Keagy Quilting 9 February 2nd 04 06:32 PM
Bernina 1080 Light Problem TerMarL Quilting 10 October 21st 03 11:52 AM
Bernina 830 Polly Esther Quilting 5 September 6th 03 10:06 PM