Just found the group

Old July 2nd 04, 07:53 PM
Deana Reynolds

Default Just found the group

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself... I just found this group after
reading the Monica Ferris novels!
My name is Deana, and I live in Oregon. I am interested in many forms of
needlework, but especially counted Cross Stitch, sewing, and Crochet.
Thanks for your time. I look forward to reading your posts. This looks
like an informative and fun group!
Deana

Old July 2nd 04, 08:14 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Welcome Deana,

Where in Oregon do you live? You will find us to be a very corruptive
group. So you will have more skills and projects than you could ever
imagine. Only two questions to ask at the beginning:

How do you like your chocolate?
Miracle Whip or mayonnaise?

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

Old July 2nd 04, 09:38 PM
Pat EAXStitch

Nice to meet you - I`m sure you`ll enjoy it here. Like most "families" we
sometimes fight, but it`susually soon forgotten! There`s lots of
information on all kinds of subjects we don`t limit ourselves to stitching,
by any means!

Pat P
s.com...

Old July 7th 04, 08:20 AM
Liz Hampton

Where in Oregon do you live? North? South? Coast? Eastern? We have a
great EGA group here in southern Oregon - Medford/Ashland/Grants Pass, etc.
We even have a member who drives up from Yreka and another who comes down
from somewhere further north to come to the meetings with her sister.
Liz from Humbug (Ck RD. in Applegate)

Old July 9th 04, 12:15 AM
Deana Reynolds

I live in Boring, which is about 1/2 hour SE of portland.... maybe this is
a dumb question but what is an EGA group?
-D

Old July 12th 04, 08:39 PM
Rhiannon

I can't see that anyone has replied to you yet so I shall. Welcome!
EGA is The Embroiderers' Guild of America. Their website is
http://egausa.org/ which lists all the local chapters.

--
Brenda
"Nothing...I got nothing for sale."

Old July 12th 04, 11:37 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Oh, I missed this one. grin

To add to Brenda's post: If you don't have a chapter near you, there is
an Internet chapter: CyberStitchers EGA. Or, you can become a Member
At Large and not belong to a chapter and still have all the benefits.
Well, not all. :-) You'll be talking to yourself. :-) I'm an MAL.

Or, if you like canvas, there's ANG (American Needlepoint Guild), and
there's also SAGA (Smocking Arts Guild). All kinds of needlework
organizations to keep you stitching from now until doomsday.

In Washington state, there's a wonderful shop - on line - that caters to
those who can't get enough of wool-on-wool embroidery. The Wooly Thread.

Dianne

Old July 13th 04, 06:56 AM
Liz Hampton

Deana Reynolds wrote:
I live in Boring, which is about 1/2 hour SE of portland.... maybe this is
a dumb question but what is an EGA group?

--
Brenda

I'm not positive, but I think that the Portland EGA group is the Rose City
Stitchers. If you can find the sto Acorns & Threads, I think the will be
able to direct you to the right people.
Liz from Humbug (In southern Oregon)

Old July 13th 04, 11:34 AM
Deana Reynolds

You're right, the Portland EGA is the Rose City Stitchers! Several of my
regular customers belong to them. I've always meant to check them out, but
t\wtih buying (and remodling) a home, and a small child underfoot, some
things get a little lost!
Unfortunately, Acorns and threads is a little hard for me to get to right
now (see comments about house and child) but th emore I hear about them the
more I want to make the hour drive to check them out.
-D