kits for sale

Old June 30th 04, 09:46 PM
Lin C

Default kits for sale

I'm not a store....sadly just cutting down on my 'stash'

http://cgi6.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sort=3&rows=50

Old July 1st 04, 12:01 AM
Gerald Miller

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:16:20 -0230, "Lin C"
wrote:

I'm not a store....sadly just cutting down on my 'stash'

http://cgi6.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sort=3&rows=50

Looks a lot like a commercial operation dumping leftover crap to me,
nothing there I would spend time trying to make it look good.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old July 2nd 04, 11:30 AM
havana bill & holly

What is the point of posting guidelines in an unmoderated ng, if posters
ignore them? It's enough to put many of the rest of us off the ng
altogether, and that's a shame. I guess it's better than the recent barrage
of porn...

Old July 2nd 04, 07:02 PM
Chuck

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:30:10 -0400, "havana bill & holly"
wrote:

What is the point of posting guidelines in an unmoderated ng, if posters
ignore them? It's enough to put many of the rest of us off the ng
altogether, and that's a shame. I guess it's better than the recent barrage
of porn...

I agree, but it's hard enough to get people to even familiarize
themselves with UseNet, much less use it properly. With thousands and
thousands of new users daily (every one of whom thinks they're an
instant expert on the Internet) there's no way to police them, and the
best we can do is follow up on the violators.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Old July 3rd 04, 08:48 PM
Hope Burke

I posted a response to somebody the other day who was bashing a web site
selling doll house kits. I attached two pics of ones my huband had made
and/or is working on. Did I violate the rules of the news group? I am new at
these news groups and have subscribed to quite a few in the craft variety.
Please let me know if I have done something wrong.
Hope

Old July 3rd 04, 09:04 PM
Herb

Hope Burke wrote:

I posted a response to somebody the other day who was bashing a web site
selling doll house kits. I attached two pics of ones my husband had made
and/or is working on. Did I violate the rules of the news group? I am new at
these news groups and have subscribed to quite a few in the craft variety.
Please let me know if I have done something wrong.
Hope

The only thing "wrong" with your post was that since this isn't a
"binaries" group (one with that word in its name), it doesn't provide
for attachments. Now SOME newsservers (like Comcast, which you use, and
Easynews, which I use) will let messages with attachments through;
others may stop them at the source, post the message text with no
attachment, or not post the message at all. The result is that some
people will see it, and some won't.

By the way - I hope that there'll be a fence on the second floor of yor
Bellingham - I wouldn't want your dolls to fall off their patio

Attachments can be posted in alt.binaries.pictures.crafts (with a
message here telling people that the message was posted) or pictures can
be posted to a web-site and a url given here.

- Herb

Old July 3rd 04, 09:58 PM
Hope Burke

Herb: thanks for your info - it is a big help in knowing what to do on here.
And yes, there will be a railing on the balcony - have no fear. Where can
one find all the rules for these newsgroups?
Hope

"Herb" wrote in message
.. .

Old July 3rd 04, 10:11 PM
Herb

Hope Burke wrote:

Herb: thanks for your info - it is a big help in knowing what to do on here.
And yes, there will be a railing on the balcony - have no fear. Where can
one find all the rules for these newsgroups?
Hope

General usenet guidelines apply to all newsgroups, and each newsgroup
may or may not have its own. There is an unofficial FAQ for this group
that gets posted every two weeks - it was last posted at 6:46AM UMT on
July 1. Most of it can be found at
http://www.redsword.com/dollhouse

There are LOTS and LOTS of sites that give usenet guidelines, and while
they agree on most of the motherhood and apple pie basics, they don't
always agree on technical detail. A little Googling goes a long way to
elucidate and confuse simultaneously!

Welcome aboard!

- Herb

Old July 4th 04, 03:42 PM
Carol - S P Miniatures

"Hope Burke" wrote in message
I posted a response to somebody the other day who was bashing a web site
selling doll house kits. I attached two pics of ones my huband had made
and/or is working on. Did I violate the rules of the news group? I am new

at
these news groups and have subscribed to quite a few in the craft variety.
Please let me know if I have done something wrong.
Hope

Here's a good reference on "netiquette"
http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

You should disguise your email address or the spammers will get it.

Carol
S P Miniatures
www.spminiatures.com