OT cooking question - too much heat

Old February 7th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Boat motor / stick mixer

That's so funny Debra. DD was at Costco with me one day and
convinced me we should buy one. We did and nearly a year later
it is still in the box. Maybe I'll pull the darned thing out
and use it for Kathy's recipe.
Taria

Debra wrote:

I've seen several in the kitchens of various friends. Only one was
outside of it's original box, and it was used for making soap, not
food.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old February 7th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

I used mine for soap too Other than that, gravy, cranberry sause,
instant drink mixes (ie liquid lunch meal replacemnt things) anything that
requires mixing really like sauces and salad dressing. Mine is small...
just a stick with a cord on it... of all the weird things I won, that is the
least cluttery lol.. The cheap $35 one should be fine... mine lived
through a whole tonn of soap making and it still works just fine.

Carissa

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are
"Debra" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:33:34 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I've been considering adding a boat motor / stick mixer to my kitchen
gadget
collection. Do you use it often? for what? or is it just something else
clutter up the kitchen? The price range for them is interesting ranging
from about $35 to about $200. Do you have a fancy one or the discount
model
and is there an advantage? Inquiring minds need to know. Polly

Old February 7th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

So, Carissa, why do you whip cranberry sauce? Inquiring
minds want to know.
PAT, sneezing in Virginia, but I washed my hands before
using the keyboard, so as not to spread the germs to my
RCTQ buddies!

Carissa wrote:

I used mine for soap too Other than that, gravy, cranberry sause,
instant drink mixes (ie liquid lunch meal replacemnt things) anything that
requires mixing really like sauces and salad dressing. ...cut..

Old February 7th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Soup recipes (was OT cooking question - too much heat)

BBBBBut .... I gad a colduh. I need da soop!
PAT ... mizerble in Baginyah.

Yeah, but only as far as my dining room table. ;-P

Old February 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Too late Pat.....you probably got it from me! I've had little or no voice
since last Sunday. I'm a mucus making machine who sounds like a harbor
seal! Bark bark!
KJ

Carissa wrote:

I used mine for soap too Other than that, gravy, cranberry sause,
instant drink mixes (ie liquid lunch meal replacemnt things) anything
that requires mixing really like sauces and salad dressing. ...cut..

Old February 7th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Carissa wrote:
I used mine for soap too Other than that, gravy, cranberry sause,
instant drink mixes (ie liquid lunch meal replacemnt things) anything that
requires mixing really like sauces and salad dressing. Mine is small...
just a stick with a cord on it... of all the weird things I won, that is the
least cluttery lol.. The cheap $35 one should be fine... mine lived
through a whole tonn of soap making and it still works just fine.

Carissa

I use mine a lot - for soup - easier than the liquidiser where I have to
do it in batches. They are really a liquidiser, but you put them into
the container of lumpy liquid to be smoothed, rather than pouring the
lumpy liquid into a liquidiser which can get messy. They aren't (or mine
isn't anyway) intended to chop up dry food like a food processor.

When my original cheap stick broke after about 7 years, DH bought the
replacement. I had asked him just to get another basic one, but it now
came with a mini food-processor. You just unscrew the stick blade-end
(like you do to wash it) and slot the motor end of the handle into the
top of the little processor. Makes small amount of breadcrumbs, wizzes
up parsley, chops onions - the same thing as the big processor but just
for small quantities that the big machine sneers at. I thought I would
never use it, but it is so useful for quantities which are too small for
any other gadget. The blades of this little add on are slightly
different shape to the stick end.

The only thing with the stick is - keep it towards the bottom of the
pan/bowl. If you don't its like leaving the lid off a liquidiser - you
and your kitchen will not look pretty!

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old February 7th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

ah well, My kids dont like it chunky for some reason. So I make the
cranberry sauce, and once all of them have popped, I use it to make them
smoother. But this is for the homemade sauce, not the stuff in a can...
cause that might just be considered weird lol

Carissa

Old February 8th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

You might want to think about seeing a doctor.
This thing going around (which a lot of medicals appear to be calling
The Crud), is vicious, pernicious, and highly infectious. The PA I
saw said that over half the cases he had seen had already turned into
bronchitis. The schools are even sending kids home if they have a
runny nose where the snot has any color to it.

NightMist
on 10 days of biaxin and has been requested to self impose 10 days
quarantine.

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

Yeah, but only as far as my dining room table. ;-P

--
Come to the dark side.
We have cookies.