Queen of Squishies

Old December 27th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Queen of Squishies

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:14:26 -0600, wrote
(in article
):

I'm using mediacom. I think it's working, at least the diagnostics
tell me it is. But - when I compose and hit send, it just goes to my
outbox and sits there. No error message or anything like that, but
just - nothing seems to happen.

Karen

Karen, what ISP are you using. *I ask because I use AT&T and they have a web
page somewhere (last time I really had to search for it) that lists the
proper mail servers etc. *Last time I had problems with email it was because
the server names had changed and I didn't know it. *Typed in the new ones
and
everything worked again.

Maureen

If you're sure you're using the correct SMTP server, are you using any
firewall software. If so, you need to make sure that port 25, 465 and 578
aren't blocked by the firewall.

Also, are you sure your Mail account is online? If you're using Apple's Mail
program, go to the mailbox menu and make sure take all accounts online is
selected.

Maureen

Old December 27th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

If iMac comes with a firewall then I am running one. How do I find it
to check on those ports?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old December 28th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

Okay, I have a conflict between my incoming and outgoing servers for
my email reader. Obviously I do not know what I am doing. Does
anyone else know what I am doing???
I can get my email on the web so if you want to email me off group
it will still work.

It's quite common for email systems to use different computers for
sending and receiving. Demon's in the UK does that. They need to
do very different things.

Mail you send might go through an SMTP server on its way out.

Mail you receive might come from an IMAP or POP3 server.

You might need passwords for both in and out, and they might well
be different, and different from any other password you have.

That doesn't tell you how to connect but it might help to tell
you what to look for in your ISP's documentation and in the
configuration steps for your email system.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old December 28th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

When I am using mail, yes, it does show that I am connected both
ways. Thanks for showing me that.
But here's the really weird thing, at least to me. Send is not an
option. I can't click it, it's there but not
active, or clickable, or whatever you want to call it.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

If you are using "Mail" go to Windows-Connections in the menu bar. That will
at least tell you if you are connected both ways and if you are not connected
*give you a clue as to why.

A quick glance at the site below might help if you can not get things
working.

https://memberservices.mchsi.com/msws/MemberServices

Good luck.

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Queen of Squishies Christina in Ok Quilting 1 June 20th 05 12:36 PM
queen of squishies SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 1 April 21st 05 01:10 AM
Queen of Squishies Musicmaker Quilting 21 October 7th 04 03:00 AM
Looking for Queen of the Squishies! Queen of Squishies Quilting 0 August 7th 04 01:48 PM
Queen Of Squishies Tina Hoak Quilting 0 March 14th 04 04:19 PM