Why can't I

Old September 18th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Default Why can't I

Why cant I ever finish a project? I started 1 in 2008 I think 1 even in
2000. I just saw another I really want that matches the 1 I am working on.
Not really working I hardly ever stitch anymore. I got glasses which helped
but it seems I never have time any more. I don't know how I ever had time.
Donna

Old September 19th 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

See I used to take my stitching to work and when I took my kid to karate. I
don't do either now. I should take it to work. My afghan was too big and too
many colors to carry. I have worked on fairies for years now. My big mistake
was putting flowers all the way around the afghan instead of corners and
buying new fairies as they come out and adding new ones. My Magical night
is half done, enchantress is 1/3 and now I want fall fairy buy Ruth
Sanderson the same person who designed enchantress. I made a mistake on both
projects and now have a hard time fixing them since I went over 3 instead of
2 in 1 space and screwed everything. Fall Fairy is brand new and JoAnne
Fabrics didn't get it yet . I want to buy it someplace with a coupon since
its $35-40 depending where you buy it. I had to buy 2 enchantress since I
ran out of floss so many times Dimensions quit sending replacement floss.
I wanted the Hare and Postman but ABC never replied and I love fall
pictures and started 1 a long time ago of a fall farm.

I will finish the scout eagle project if it kills me. I am taking it today
to the scout meeting. But that is for my kid and it seems like his stuff
always gets done sooner or later.
By the time the boys get out of the house for karate I am too tired at 7 to
do anything but watch tv. That is the time I am supposed to be doing my yoga
and I really must get back into doing that since I sit most of the week at
work instead of just 2 days.
Donna

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/18/10 12:03 PM, in article
, "Donna D."
wrote:

Why cant I ever finish a project? I started 1 in 2008 I think 1 even in
2000. I just saw another I really want that matches the 1 I am working
on.
Not really working I hardly ever stitch anymore. I got glasses which
helped
but it seems I never have time any more. I don't know how I ever had
time.
Donna

I think we all have a little of that in us.

I make time to stitch on a near daily basis. It's more important to me
than
reading daily and heavens knows I do that. It doesn't have to be long - 5
minutes/one length of floss worth/one block of color; just start small.
Trust me, it will build up over time.

My "routine" is to "work" in the morning, house work, computer stuff,
garden, clean up, have lunch and then stitch for one hour (plus/minus)
before resuming the "have to do stuff" until dinner/hockey practice. 90%
of
the time I have a purse project with me too. For waiting at service
stations, DD's orthodontist appts (they have good light) or the hockey
rink
(usually knitting).

Cheryl

Old September 20th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/19/2010 10:49 AM, Donna D. wrote:
[...]

Why do you DO this to me??? Why, why??? I was perfectly content, working
on my 32 projects in rotation and ignorant of available Ruth Sanderson
designs. I've been in LOVE with her illustrations since buying DD "The
12 Dancing Princesses" book some 15 years ago. (How was that book ever
allowed to go OOP? It's the most beautiful rendering of a classic story
ever to have been published!) Now I see that there's a whole slew of her
designs available...how would I ever choose? And how will I ever survive
to the age of 200 to get through them all? (Current stash has me
committed to at least 150.)

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 21st 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

BYW No only does Heaven and Earth have designs Dimensions has 2 that I know
of Woodland Enchantress the one I have and Fall Fairy which I think is
wonderful. Some are on Mountain T shirts but the latest isn't going to be on
one. Boo Hoo.

Now I don't feel so bad my projects are limited but I have had them for the
past 10 years. I am a very patient person when it comes to stitching a
project. I figured 20 years for my afghan. I am right on track.

Donna