Hello Everyone

Old July 6th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Louise Atkins

Default Hello Everyone

Hi

I have been knitting since I was 10 years old (hmmn and that was 33 years
ago!) and it could be said that I am a bit of an addict! I have recently
been through some pretty tough times in my life and knitting has really
helped.

I would love to chat to any of you who are as fond of this fabulous craft as
I am.

Louise

Old July 6th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , "Louise Atkins"
wrote:

Hi

I have been knitting since I was 10 years old (hmmn and that was 33 years
ago!) and it could be said that I am a bit of an addict! I have recently
been through some pretty tough times in my life and knitting has really
helped.

I would love to chat to any of you who are as fond of this fabulous craft as
I am.

Louise

Hello Louise, welcome to RCTY, we are knitters, crocheters and all love
working with textiles and fibres.

Els on Vancouver Island

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 6th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Piggy-backing on Els :-) Sorry Els if I'm too heavy.
Welcome Louise.
Sofia D

Old July 6th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Welcome, Louise, to the home of the fibre addicted, with none of us trying
to give up the highs gained by working with yarn in whatever form. For me
it's knitting, crochet, Tunisian crochet, tatting and broomstick crochet
(along with trying out all sorts of things as they crop up) For others it's
different. But you'll certainly find lots of kindred spirits here. Enjoy
the company
Love & higs
Christine (in hot, humid and sometimes sunny Kent in South East England)

Old July 7th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Louise Atkins wrote:
Hi

I have been knitting since I was 10 years old (hmmn and that was 33 years
ago!) and it could be said that I am a bit of an addict! I have recently
been through some pretty tough times in my life and knitting has really
helped.

I would love to chat to any of you who are as fond of this fabulous craft as
I am.

Welcome, Louise. I am also a knitter. I do some other crafts, but
knitting is my passion.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 7th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Midwest poster

Hi Louise, welcome from a person who has been knitting much longer than 33
years but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. Come back and chat whenever you can.

--
Jan in MN

Old July 7th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Midwest poster

Sofia, thanks for the giggle but I think your diet is getting to you.

--
Jan in MN

Old July 7th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
angel_crafter

Glad to meet ya.. My name is Portia.. Just joined here last night.. And
I enjoy knitting as well.. I find it helps me through tough situation..
Went to buy some yarn for bookmarks but the colored beads I wanted to
get for the colored yarn would not have gone well..
Need to take myself to Joanne's tomorrow and see about finding some
clear beads for projects like that..
Take care and God bless

Old July 7th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Welcome Louise , grab the needles , find a good chair ,,, what is your
coffee habit ??? i knit only for 57 years
mirjam

Old July 7th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Louise Atkins wrote:
Hi

I have been knitting since I was 10 years old (hmmn and that was 33 years
ago!) and it could be said that I cam a bit of an addict! I have recently
been through some pretty tough times in my life and knitting has really
helped.

I would love to chat to any of you who are as fond of this fabulous craft as
I am.

Louise

Louise,

I have knitted and crochet for about 25 years.

Yes I has helped in rough times and the gifts helped to put smiles on
many faces.

Welcome to our group, most many times and ask many questions.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail