Indianapolis?

Old July 3rd 04, 08:51 AM
meijhana

Default Indianapolis?

Anyone here in the Indianapolis area? There's a WEEEEEEEE chance I might be
going to GenCon this year, the 19th thru the 23d, for my b-day (august 5),
and if anyone is in the area, I would *love* to try to hook up with you!

Mary

--
Cyberpunk Tournament @ Gamer's Keepe
17 July 2004 2pm Vacaville, CA

Old July 3rd 04, 01:32 PM
Marisa2

Um, I will be in Bloomington (about 50 miles south of it) starting
August 1st.

marisa2

meijhana wrote:

Anyone here in the Indianapolis area? There's a WEEEEEEEE chance I might be
going to GenCon this year, the 19th thru the 23d, for my b-day (august 5),
and if anyone is in the area, I would *love* to try to hook up with you!

Mary

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

Old July 3rd 04, 02:42 PM
Su/Cutworks

Marisa2 wrote:

Um, I will be in Bloomington (about 50 miles south of it) starting
August 1st.

If it's still there, don't miss a chance to eat at Opie Taylor's. It was
one of my favorite places to eat when I lived there. There's a Boca Loca
bead store there, along with one in Indy itself, they've been there for
years, and were great fun to visit. Have a meal at the Trojan Horse and
think of me, I think I lived in there. Oh, and if the Runcible Spoon is
still open, it's also fun to eat at, and the Co-op food store.

Bloomington is great during the summer but by September it fills up like mad
with the students and things get a bit crowded.

Good luck there, it has some great features, including one of the best
research libraries in the US.

-Su

Old July 3rd 04, 05:47 PM
lgreene

Actually Su, Boca Loca in Bloomington is gone. Jerri is a friend of my ex's
and she closed the store because it was too hard to try to keep her hand
in...most of the staff was IU students. Then, once her husband came back
from Iraq, she really wants to concentrate on the marriage.

We were at Opie Taylor's at the beginning of the year, and though Matt's
parents still really like it, we weren't thrilled with it...and Matt's lived
in Bloomington for most of his life, so he has been there a lot.
At the Trojan Horse...a chicken gyro and some fries!! I don't know if the
Runcible Spoon is still there...I don't remember it.

Old July 3rd 04, 05:54 PM
Max Exter

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:47:33 GMT, lgreene wrote:

Actually Su, Boca Loca in Bloomington is gone. Jerri is a friend of my

There's another store that has filled the void, though is too expensive
and doesn't concentrate on beads exclusively. Don't recall the name of
it, but I suppose I will once Marisa and I move there.

Runcible Spoon is still there...I don't remember it.

It's there. Marvelous restaurant with great prices, quality food and huge
portions.

Anyway, hearing Lila and Sugar cheeching in the other room, so I'd best
check on them.

Cheers,

- ME -
Old July 3rd 04, 06:39 PM
Su/Cutworks

Actually Su, Boca Loca in Bloomington is gone. Jerri is a friend of my

ex's
and she closed the store because it was too hard to try to keep her hand
in...most of the staff was IU students. Then, once her husband came back
from Iraq, she really wants to concentrate on the marriage.

Oh, dear. I saw an ad for it in a recent mag so presumed it was still
there.

We were at Opie Taylor's at the beginning of the year, and though Matt's
parents still really like it, we weren't thrilled with it...and Matt's

lived
in Bloomington for most of his life, so he has been there a lot.

My ex is from Bloomington, I lived there for ten years-ish, and have some
good memories of the place although at heart I'm really a Badger even though
I was born a Hoosier. It's been a while and I can't remember the name of
the place but when I lived there someone opened a restaurant in an old
garage, it was great with all the original lighting and some of the fixtures
still there. I'm sure there are many changes, it's always the way.

At the Trojan Horse...a chicken gyro and some fries!! I don't know if

the
Runcible Spoon is still there...I don't remember it.

The Spoon was a small place, near the Whole Food health store and opposite
one of the parking garages. It was a staple for the older folk who'd been
in Bloomington for ages. Ahhh. memories....

-Su

Old July 3rd 04, 09:49 PM
Marisa2

Ack!

He's following me!

*LOL*

marisa2

Old July 3rd 04, 09:49 PM
Marisa2

Su,

Thanks!

Did you say once that you could suggest a shop which might like to
purchase or take on consignment my finished works?

marisa2

Old July 4th 04, 09:00 AM
Su/Cutworks

Marisa wrote:

Did you say once that you could suggest a shop which might like to
purchase or take on consignment my finished works?

I wish I could, but it must have been someone else. I've not lived in
Indiana for over 10 years now.

-Su