Christmas Stockings- THANK YOU!!!

Old October 21st 03, 02:20 AM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Default Christmas Stockings- THANK YOU!!!

I just wanted to thank everybody who gave me some tips. I went to
hancocks and found some unbleached muslin for .99 a yard. I bought 5
yards and should be enough for the stockings and stuff that's not denim.

To whoever it was that wrote about red and green jeans- wish I could
find some like that!

Thanks again!

babs

Old October 21st 03, 02:47 AM
gundoc

Check at the thrift stores (look in the little girls clothing dept -
different color jeans) and also at the baby store (call "Once upon a
time") - they sell used good clothing, furnitures and toys there.

Marcie

Old October 21st 03, 03:21 AM
Jan Dunaway

That was me, check in thrift stores, garage sales etc. My friends who
rodeo or wear western wear seem to have more colorful denim than the
citified folks do if that gives you an idea where to start hitting up
friends! :-)

Jan

Old October 21st 03, 03:49 AM
Joanna

I buy mine from the Salvation Army here. I phone them and they tell me when
they will get the next shipment of clothes. They sell the whole bag of denim
for $3. You get what you get but my biggest problem usually is some of the
jeans are in such good shape I don't want to cut them up. So I try to find
someone that they will fit.
Goodwill used to do the same thing in a different town for me. Yes I did
request that they only give me stuff that is ripped, broken or stained. They
said the bags come like that and they are not going to spend the time going
through it if I want the whole bag.
Take Care
Joanna
Remove "quilt" to reply