More OT Olympics

Old February 15th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default More OT Olympics

Is anyone else having trouble getting used to the new figure skating scoring?

Maureen

Old February 15th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

I'm annoyed at all the skate-holding (I think it looks ugly!), but haven't
really figured out what the other differences are in the scoring now.

Dragonfly

Old February 16th 10, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Since I haven't heard anyone explain it - I have no idea what's going on,
how they arrive at the scores, or what the new scores mean!

Donna in SW idaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4869 (20100215) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old February 16th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

http://figureskating.about.com/od/co.../officials.htm
This might help or confuse you further? I remember that the idea was
that no judge would know whose scores would be used in the outcome so
that bulking up marks or downgrading them wouldn't be an advantage to
his/her favourite skater/nation. It seems to be working.....jennellh

Old February 16th 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Thanks for the link!

Donna in SW Idaho

database 4869 (20100215) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old February 16th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:11:14 -0600, Donna in Idaho wrote
(in article ):

Since I haven't heard anyone explain it - I have no idea what's going on,
how they arrive at the scores, or what the new scores mean!

Donna in SW idaho

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
Is anyone else having trouble getting used to the new figure skating
scoring?

Maureen

database 4869 (20100215) __________

http://www.eset.com

Exactly! I miss the predictably of the Russian judge always scoring the
US/Canada low and vice versa.

Maureen

Old February 16th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

Yes!

Old February 18th 10, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I agree about the skate holding - not attractive at all.

It seemed to me like the pairs long program didn't have much individuality.
Their programs were so near the same, it was like watching the same thing
over and over, - with tricks in practically the same order - just in
different costumes.

I heard a brief mention that they're talking about revamping the scoring,
again, which would maybe make the programs better - I hope so!

Donna in SW Idaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old February 18th 10, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:32:09 -0600, Dragonfly wrote
(in article ):

I'm annoyed at all the skate-holding (I think it looks ugly!), but haven't
really figured out what the other differences are in the scoring now.

Dragonfly

"

I completely agree! Just takes a very pretty move and turns it ugly as heck!

Maureen

Old February 18th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:25:27 -0600, Donna in Idaho wrote
(in article ):
..

I heard a brief mention that they're talking about revamping the scoring,
again, which would maybe make the programs better - I hope so!

Donna in SW Idaho

I hope so!

Maureen

2010 Olympics shhdesigns Quilting 34 March 5th 10 06:50 AM
OT Special olympics day! NightMist Quilting 7 May 24th 06 01:12 PM
OT Olympics!! Estelle Gallagher Quilting 14 July 8th 05 08:36 PM
OT Olympics question Polly Esther Quilting 17 August 30th 04 06:51 PM
OFF TOPIC Olympics Cheryl Isaak Needlework 77 August 22nd 04 03:31 AM