Meeting mirjam

Old December 14th 03, 10:45 PM
Ria Van de Velde

Default Meeting mirjam

As you all know Mirjam is visiting her father, so this is an
opportunity for me to meet her. We made an appointment to meet in
Brussels on Friday. There seems to be a spell on our meetings,
because every time there is something that goes wrong. This time it
was not the museum that was closed (happened two times), but now the
busses and subway had a strike. That was not a problem to me, I took
the train, but mirjam had to take the subway and she didn't know about
the strike and she had to take a taxi to arrive in Brussels. To make
things worse she did not have the number of my mobile phone, and I had
not seen the little note with her number, my dd left on the table. So
no way to communicate. All I could do was wait at the station until
she showed. And she did, and that is what counts.

We visited two exibitions, both in progam of Europalia Italia.
This is the website, bt i am afraid it is not available in english.
http://www.bozar.be/nl/expo_home.asp
The first one was a picture of the renaissance in Italy, and the
history of the family d'Este in Ferrara, Italy. The second one was
about the Venus of Urbino by Titian, this was an excibition based on a
concept of Umberto Eco, and it shows all the aspects of this one
painting, the history, the colors, the clothes ( well, yes, in the
backgrond there ARE clothes), the building, the animals, and lots of
similar paintings.

We had a wonderful day, and on top of that she gave me a beautiful
silk scarf, and a book, and a poster of jerusalem for my son. I made
her Belgian waffles. I used the recipe of my GDM, that I will post
separately. I hope she enjoyed them, and I hope she had not too many
problems to get home again.

Ria

With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be
Old December 14th 03, 11:12 PM
Aud

Glad you did not miss eachother! HOW nice to meet!!
I tried to read the site, and strange enough
I understood quite a bit,
mostly from german,I think, but also from Norwegian.
Interesting exhibitions!
Hugs from Norway!
AUD ;-)
--

"Ria Van de Velde" skrev i melding

Old December 14th 03, 11:19 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:45:07 GMT, Ria Van de Velde wrote:

[...]

With all the 'trouble' you had, am SO glad you DID get to meet!
Thank you SO much for the report!
Hugs,
Noreen
who is copying and pasting your recipe next!

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 14th 03, 11:23 PM
Janise Ross

Thank you for sharing this, Ria. I am so glad that you and Mirjam were
finally able to hook up and had a good day together!

Janise

Old December 15th 03, 12:15 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Ria Van de Velde
wrote:

Ria it must have been telepatie......

Nice that you did see each other and that you had a good time.

Els

[...]

I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old December 15th 03, 12:30 AM
Cher

Oh Ria, how wonderful for you two to be able to meet up eventually, and
what a splendid day you both had. I believe Mirjam is off line at the
moment, so please give her my regards..

Thanks for sharing this and the waffle recipe..

Cheers.....Cher

[...]

---

Old December 15th 03, 12:54 AM
Katherine

Ria,
SO glad to hear that you managed to meet. Sounds as though you had a
wonderful time!
Katherine

Old December 15th 03, 01:04 PM
G.Kelly

Ria so glad to hear you were able to meet up with Mirjam even if it was a
bit tricky. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 15th 03, 11:15 PM
Ria Van de Velde

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:12:58 +0100, "Aud" wrote:

Glad you did not miss eachother! HOW nice to meet!!
I tried to read the site, and strange enough
I understood quite a bit,
mostly from german,I think, but also from Norwegian.
Interesting exhibitions!
Hugs from Norway!
AUD ;-)

How nice you could underdstand the site. Lots of people here claim
they can go to Norway and speak their local dialect, and everybody up
there will understand them. I have never seen this proved though.

With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be

Hebrew Alphabet from Mirjam Lucille Needlework 0 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
THIS THURSDAY 4/22 - Long Island Pen Club Meeting Nancy Handy Rubberstamps 1 April 24th 04 07:37 AM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 08:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 03:40 PM