Sewing Interview/Machine

Old October 16th 03, 02:56 AM

Default Sewing Interview/Machine

This morning I interviewed with an interior decorator for a job.
Actually, we interviewed each other, and we both came away with the
notion that we will be able to work well together.
The interview was at her condo. I arrived there to discover that it
is a secure gated community, and she had given me no code to punch into
the automatic gate. Living, as I do, in the age of dinosaurs, without a
cell phone, I was unable to alert her to my plight. 'OK', I thought, 'if
this is a test, I can get in!' A garbage truck was
just leaving, but I couldn't drive through fast enough to make it
through before the gates closed. Four more sets of locked gates
presented themselves down a long block. The walls were brick, and too
high to climb over. (I did consider it.)
The condos had no street numbers on the blind street side, so I parked
the car in a "WE TOW!!!" zone, hoping I'd make it back before they
hauled my car away, and trudged across the street.
I was able to turn sideways and squeeze through a gate, (Five pounds
heavier, and I'd have had to grease up with Crisco to get in.), then
walked to the end of the block to find the building I sought. It had two
locked garage doors, and one tiny, solid, securely locked door. Both
sides of the building turned blind eyes to the neighborhood.
'This is freaky', I thought, hands on hips, looking for some way to
conquer the mountain.
(Superman and his impregnable mountain came to mind.) I gave a moment's
thought to throwing my head back and yodeling, as I could see open
windows on several balconies. I was getting hot under the collar.
Striding to the back of the building, I found an opening, and an
unmarked, thick, brushed steel elevator door. My imagination turned to
Bond..James Bond, as I rode up. The hairs were standing up on the back
of my neck.
The interview was a let-down after the lead in, but I decided I could
work with this decorator, so I hired her. ; )
The good sewing news: I bought a blind hem machine today, LN, for
very little money. I'd seen the ad in the newspaper two days ago. Gotta
have a blindhemmer for drapes, sheers, and the like. Is this Karma, or
what??
Cea

Old October 16th 03, 01:27 PM
SewStorm

Cea, next time you'll have to wear a black catsuit! LOL

Good luck with this new job/employee--I hope she's worth it.

Still chuckling,
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati