Singer Touch and Sew II

Old August 18th 03, 01:59 PM
Ron Anderson

Default Singer Touch and Sew II

None of the cabinet companies are making cabinets to fit the old machines
any longer. The T&S is a special long base so it will not fit in the treadle
cabinet save some handy modifications. I would say look to your local
handyman to repair your old table, modify the treadle or build you a new
one.

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine
"L Swerdlove" wrote in message
.. .
My wife has a 1970's Singer Touch and Sew machine that was given to her by
my mom. My wife likes the machine, but the stand it came in is broken and
unusable. The local Singer repair shop won't touch it - they only do
machines not stands.

Any sugestions how I could get this repaired, or replaced.

Another idea - I also have my grandmohter's old Singer treddle table -

maybe
from the 20's (the machine in long gone. Is there a way this 1970's

machine
could be mounted in the old treddle stand? Again, if so, who would do

this
kind of work?

ls