Req help to find fabric

Old February 15th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SandeeK

Default Req help to find fabric

Appreciate any help to find fabric with " vintage baseball" look and
drape. I have googled for hours with variety of fabric descriptions
such as red pin stripe, baseball, vintage, red stripe, etc.

Orig uniforms worn by adults in 1900's were heavy cotton wool, don't
need to match the original fabric, just the "look" of the antique
uniform for little ones.

Prefer white/off white with the tiny RED stripe (trying to make the
baseball uniform generic for children).

I have a photography studio and to purchase similar uniforms for
little ones they are $175. EACH. As I need a variety of sizes for our
little models coming for portraits, it would cost me about $1,100.00
for six uniforms, three girls, three boys..

Thanks for your time and any helpful suggestions.
Old February 15th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

SandeeK wrote:
Appreciate any help to find fabric with " vintage
baseball" look and drape. I have googled for hours with
variety of fabric descriptions such as red pin stripe,
baseball, vintage, red stripe, etc.

Orig uniforms worn by adults in 1900's were heavy cotton
wool, don't need to match the original fabric, just the
"look" of the antique uniform for little ones.

Prefer white/off white with the tiny RED stripe (trying
to make the baseball uniform generic for children).

I have a photography studio and to purchase similar
uniforms for little ones they are $175. EACH. As I need a
variety of sizes for our little models coming for
portraits, it would cost me about $1,100.00 for six
uniforms, three girls, three boys..

Are you planning on making these yourself? Your time is worth
*something*, and a professional sewist will charge $20-$40(or
more)/per hour, PLUS the cost of fabric and notions!

Thanks for your time and any helpful suggestions.

You might search for "ticking"

http://warehousefabricsinc.com/Merch...tegor y_Code=

http://www.housefabric.com/ProductDe...roductID=20925

http://www.housefabric.com/ProductDe...ProductID=6700

http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ca...spx?ItmID=D872

HTH,

Beverly

Old February 16th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
sewfine

On Feb 15, 1:35 pm, SandeeK wrote:
Appreciate any help to find fabric with " vintage baseball" look and
drape. I have googled for hours with variety of fabric descriptions
such as red pin stripe, baseball, vintage, red stripe, etc.

Orig uniforms worn by adults in 1900's were heavy cotton wool, don't
need to match the original fabric, just the "look" of the antique
uniform for little ones.

Prefer white/off white with the tiny RED stripe (trying to make the
baseball uniform generic for children).

I have a photography studio and to purchase similar uniforms for
little ones they are $175. EACH. As I need a variety of sizes for our
little models coming for portraits, it would cost me about $1,100.00
for six uniforms, three girls, three boys..

Thanks for your time and any helpful suggestions.

Sandee, where are you located? I suggest you make friends with an
interior designer who will let you order fabrics through her. "To the
Trade" fabric showrooms have an unbelievable wealth of fabrics that
designers special order from hundreds of thousands of swatches, and
they have just about anything you can imagine, I'm sure you could find
something there if you could just get access. I'm a designer in
Charlotte, NC and I know I could help you if you were local. It's not
just silk and chintz -- there are fabulous faux furs, wools,
matelasse, etc. and many of them would work beautifully for garments.
So if you have used a designer to decorate your home, call in a favor
and ask him or her to help you find the fabric! Just don't tell the
fabric showroom that's what you're doing -- they can be pretty snooty
about do-it-yourselfers in the name of protecting their designer
clients. Good luck.

Old February 22nd 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SandeeK

Default Req help to find fabric Thanks very much for your help

On 16 Feb 2007 05:27:10 -0800, "sewfine"
wrote:

[...]

Thank you, I'm in FL and will contact the decorator fabric store here.

Old February 22nd 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
froggie lover

On Feb 15, 7:35 pm, SandeeK wrote:
Appreciate any help to find fabric with " vintage baseball" look and
drape. I have googled for hours with variety of fabric descriptions
such as red pin stripe, baseball, vintage, red stripe, etc.

Orig uniforms worn by adults in 1900's were heavy cotton wool, don't
need to match the original fabric, just the "look" of the antique
uniform for little ones.

Prefer white/off white with the tiny RED stripe (trying to make the
baseball uniform generic for children).

I have a photography studio and to purchase similar uniforms for
little ones they are $175. EACH. As I need a variety of sizes for our
little models coming for portraits, it would cost me about $1,100.00
for six uniforms, three girls, three boys..

Thanks for your time and any helpful suggestions.

hi Sandee ,
I live in southern france and i have seen a lot of the type of
material here , and at least here it isn't a fortune.
They use almost exclusively a natural and thick cream cloth with
different motifs in red for embroidery here and kitchen towels etc. I
know it seems weird to mention this but i thought maybe it could help
in your search since everything is so globalized now. perhaps you
could google it and perhaps find a mail order catalog ?
good luck
stephanee

Old February 22nd 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
claireowen

froggie lover a écrit :
[...]

I have been looking for a supplier of Basque or Catalan fabric here in
SW France if you know of anyone near you in southern france I would be
grateful if you could help Stephanee. Thanks

--
Claire in Montréal France
http://claireowenperso.free.fr
Old February 7th 09, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
terilyn96

terilyn96 had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Req...bric-2696-.htm :

SandeeK wrote:

Appreciate any help to find fabric with " vintage baseball"
look and
drape. I have googled for hours with variety of fabric descriptions
such as red pin stripe, baseball, vintage, red stripe, etc.

Orig uniforms worn by adults in 1900's were heavy cotton wool, don't
need to match the original fabric, just the "look" of the
antique
uniform for little ones.

Prefer white/off white with the tiny RED stripe (trying to make the
baseball uniform generic for children).

I have a photography studio and to purchase similar uniforms for
little ones they are $175. EACH. As I need a variety of sizes for our
little models coming for portraits, it would cost me about $1,100.00
for six uniforms, three girls, three boys..

Thanks for your time and any helpful suggestions.

I have had the same problem, I went ahead and made them of a natural
flannel with red stripping around and i currently sell them on ebay. I
have also googled for hours. I did find the fabric at Yarrington mills
corp. there is a catch tho, you have to buy 55 yards in order to get it.
And you have to have a business. I am sure the shipping charge would be
very high. It also takes 2 weeks. I hope this helps, and if any one has
found it, Please let me know.
Terilyn
-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3760 messages and counting!
Old August 12th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
dbodony

dbodony had written this in response to

SandeeK wrote:

Appreciate any help to find fabric with " vintage baseball"
look and
drape. I have googled for hours with variety of fabric descriptions
such as red pin stripe, baseball, vintage, red stripe, etc.

Orig uniforms worn by adults in 1900's were heavy cotton wool, don't
need to match the original fabric, just the "look" of the
antique
uniform for little ones.

Prefer white/off white with the tiny RED stripe (trying to make the
baseball uniform generic for children).

I have a photography studio and to purchase similar uniforms for
little ones they are $175. EACH. As I need a variety of sizes for our
little models coming for portraits, it would cost me about $1,100.00
for six uniforms, three girls, three boys..

Thanks for your time and any helpful suggestions.

Did you ever find the fabric? I need to make vintage looking baseball
uniforms.And would love any source that you found.

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3882 messages and counting!

How to find a particular fabric [email protected] Quilting 1 May 19th 06 07:38 PM
help find fabric sue Sewing 8 June 28th 05 11:28 PM
Can anyone help me find this fabric? Terbear Quilting 12 October 31st 04 10:36 PM
Can anyone help me find this fabric? Terbear Quilting 9 September 22nd 04 07:08 PM
Help find a fabric Sylvia Quilting 4 November 6th 03 06:16 PM