I melted stuff and made beads today!

Old December 29th 03, 03:02 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default I melted stuff and made beads today!

Finally got around to breaking out my enamel bead making kit from Pam
East/Pinzart. Anywho, I made 5 beads before the baby woke up, all small and
white. 4 of them have a really good oval shape and of those, 3 are pretty
scorched in spots but one is almost acceptable. All in all - not bad for a
first try! I could have spent all day at that torch, too. Guess I'll just
keep on practicing and practicing until I've got something to show y'all
that won't be embarassing! And then the enamel bead BFNRing starts, LOL.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old December 29th 03, 03:32 AM
Regina

I'm glad you're having fun, Barbara. Please don't be embarrassed about
showing your stuff, it's so much fun to see people evolve in their work.
Making beads is addicting, and beadweaving, and buying beads, and stringing
beads, and touching beads....

Enjoy!

Regina

Old December 29th 03, 04:27 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote:

Finally got around to breaking out my enamel bead making kit from Pam
East/Pinzart. Anywho, I made 5 beads before the baby woke up, all small and
white. 4 of them have a really good oval shape and of those, 3 are pretty
scorched in spots but one is almost acceptable. All in all - not bad for a
first try! I could have spent all day at that torch, too. Guess I'll just
keep on practicing and practicing until I've got something to show y'all
that won't be embarassing! And then the enamel bead BFNRing starts, LOL.

--

Barbara

Cool, what fun!

--
-Kalera

---------

http://www.beadwife.com
auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old December 29th 03, 04:09 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Vicki,

It will take practice to get good at it, but the initial technique is pretty
easy. Check it out at : http://www.pinzart.com.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
:

]enamel bead making kit

that actually sounded like something someone like me could do.
almost.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old December 29th 03, 09:08 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Here's a brief description:

Cut a piece of copper tubing to length and heat it. Roll it in finely
powdered enamel (acts as a flux) - melt it. Repeat 1-2 more times. Then
start adding larger pieces of enamel and melt it in. Add colors and swirl,
shape, etc. Cool for several hours in warm vermiculite.

--

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
:

]It will take practice to get good at it, but the initial technique is

pretty
]easy. Check it out at : http://www.pinzart.com.

i did. but i misunderstood how it was done.
**pout** oh, well - i can just keep buying!

More on the demo...... csteele Beads 141 November 10th 03 07:49 PM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM
FMG now has Hill Tribe Silver! Dr. Sooz Beads 32 July 29th 03 04:23 AM