Sunday AM: coffee, RCTY and 'blog-surf'

Old July 9th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

Default Sunday AM: coffee, RCTY and 'blog-surf'

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Good afternoon! I was too busy to pop in before church, so I am here for a
few minutes before I continue my (delayed) spring cleaning. No knitting for
a few days, I fear, but we will be leaving on Saturday, so I should have
lots of knitting time while traveling.
It is cooler here than it was in St, John's, thank goodness! I nearly melted
while I was there, and it was great to come home and be able to wear clothes
again. g
Have a great week!
Higs,
Katherine

Well there you go Katherine, you can now tells us how nice your weather
is. Indeed when it get so hot you can't think anymore, a load of snow is
very welcome.

Are you off to Nova Scotia. Have a safe trip and enjoy.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 10th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Good afternoon! I was too busy to pop in before church, so I am here
for a few minutes before I continue my (delayed) spring cleaning. No
knitting for a few days, I fear, but we will be leaving on Saturday,
so I should have lots of knitting time while traveling.
It is cooler here than it was in St, John's, thank goodness! I
nearly melted while I was there, and it was great to come home and
be able to wear clothes again. g
Have a great week!
Higs,
Katherine

Well there you go Katherine, you can now tells us how nice your
weather is. Indeed when it get so hot you can't think anymore, a
load of snow is very welcome.

Are you off to Nova Scotia. Have a safe trip and enjoy.

Yes, Els, we are leaving on Saturday. Right now we are cleaning house, and
getting things ready to take. Busy, busy! Sometimes I am sure that
immigrants did not do as much work preparing to leave their homes forever as
we do for a short vacation!

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 10th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Yes, Els, we are leaving on Saturday. Right now we are cleaning house, and
getting things ready to take. Busy, busy! Sometimes I am sure that
immigrants did not do as much work preparing to leave their homes forever as
we do for a short vacation!

Higs,
Katherine

I know what you mean, we used to go the a cottage in Muskoka, with friends
when our kids were small. It is amazing how much stuff we lugged back and
forth each and every week. Still once we were there, there were complains
about the items that were not broght or forgotten....LOL

Takes a lot of self dicipline to travel with less......LOL I do promis
myself each time a lug my suitcase around to take less next time....LOL

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 10th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Yes, Els, we are leaving on Saturday. Right now we are cleaning
house, and getting things ready to take. Busy, busy! Sometimes I am
sure that immigrants did not do as much work preparing to leave
their homes forever as we do for a short vacation!

Higs,
Katherine

I know what you mean, we used to go the a cottage in Muskoka, with
friends when our kids were small. It is amazing how much stuff we
lugged back and forth each and every week. Still once we were there,
there were complains about the items that were not broght or
forgotten....LOL

Takes a lot of self dicipline to travel with less......LOL I do
promis myself each time a lug my suitcase around to take less next
time....LOL

I manage less and less each year. RIght now I figure that, as long as I have
clean underwear and my meds, that's really all I need. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 11th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I manage less and less each year. RIght now I figure that, as long as I have
clean underwear and my meds, that's really all I need. g

Higs,
Katherine

I am impressed with your self dicipline.....LOL

I find I have less and less of it the older I get...LOL

Els who is blaming everything on old ages, after all you have to something
with it right.....

grinning

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 11th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I manage less and less each year. RIght now I figure that, as long
as I have clean underwear and my meds, that's really all I need. g

Higs,
Katherine

I am impressed with your self dicipline.....LOL

I find I have less and less of it the older I get...LOL

Els who is blaming everything on old ages, after all you have to
something with it right.....

grinning

LOL I do that, too, Els.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 16th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

GEE is it Sunday , once rockets fall i lost count ,,,,
Ok we are out for now , cooked hung out one load of washing and
entered the next, I think i need some coffee , now ,,,
before the next falls ,,,
mirjam

Old July 16th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

Thank goodness that you are safe. Long may that be.
Shirley

In message , Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
writes

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old July 16th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

I hope your Sunday is quiet, Mirjam. Thanks for checking in often as
you know we worry.

I haven't gotten downstairs yet to make coffee. DH is gone on another
trip - he was only home three days between trips last week. Things are
pretty quiet around here. I have made progress on several of my WIPs -
most notably the baby sweater with the lady bugs on it which now has a
finished body but still lacks sleeves.

I am almost to the toe decreases on the second of DH's requested socks
and hope to have that finished before he returns. I also started on
the top like mine that my sister requested. I didn't find the same
yarn and find the alternate yarn a little stiffer but ok. I like the
Plassard Cotton-Lin a lot but think it must have been discontinued. It
was very soft and feels great in the finished garment although it split
quite often while I was knitting.

I need to get moving and get ready for church. They moved the time up
for summer thinking they were doing us a favor. Not me, I like a slow,
restful Sunday morning reading the papers and having a second cup of
coffee after breakfast. Oh well, I still have almost an hour and a
half to get ready and get there - it is just up the hill.

Judy

Old July 16th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
GEE is it Sunday , once rockets fall i lost count ,,,,
Ok we are out for now , cooked hung out one load of washing and
entered the next, I think i need some coffee , now ,,,
before the next falls ,,,
mirjam

Keep the posts coming Mirjam! I hope you can have your coffee in peace.

Here in Manitoba it's VERY hot - it's at least 32°C. It was cloudy which
gave us some respite, but the clouds are gone and the sun is shining full
force. I think I'll be spending the afternoon inside with the air
conditioner. DH & I had coffee on the porch, but I finally had to come in
it was so hot.

If this keeps up I have a feeling the re-roofing job on the porch will be
waiting until it cools down some.

I've been working on my Peacock Feathers Shawl again, this time with
Interlacements cotton "Floss" yarn. The colours are fabulous - greens,blues
& purples. This pattern will do me in one of these days. No matter how
carefully I count stitches, every once in a while one will just disappear,
and I have to go back to figure out what happened. Grrrrrrr. I guess it's
about time for lifelines on this shawl. I didn't use any last time and
ended up frogging the whole thing. Wish me luck!

Meanwhile I'm still working on the same three other projects.... sweater for
Granddaughter (which I've frogged once). The yarn is gawd-awful; socks for
DH - they are going just fine; a different shawl for me - which is fine
too.

Good day to everyone from Friendly Manitoba!

Shelagh