Curtain tie back?

Old October 16th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
Kyle[_2_]

Default Curtain tie back?

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to tie a certain kind of
drapery knot. I've seen some discussions here that the Ashley Book of
Knots may be of some assistance, but the copy of the book I have seen
does not seem to reference it. I've uploaded some photos of the
specific knot he

Here's a commercial picture of what the finished product ought to look
like:
http://www.indianproduct.com/tasseln...ck/tbk044d.jpg

Here's a phone snap of a similar one we have in our home that shows
more explicitly that there are two loops that come out either side of
the knot:
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/s...ed_tieback.gif

Here's a phone snap of the patient we are working on. As you can see
its a bit of a mess!
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/s...nt=themess.png

Any idea which direction we should look? We've tried all sorts of
references online, and while we're finding a lot of stuff on sailing
knots we're not seeing anything that shows us how to do this.

Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kyle Hodgson
Old October 16th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
Elrond Hubbard

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to tie a certain kind of
drapery knot. I've seen some discussions here that the Ashley Book of
Knots may be of some assistance, but the copy of the book I have seen
does not seem to reference it. I've uploaded some photos of the
specific knot he

Here's a commercial picture of what the finished product ought to look
like:
http://www.indianproduct.com/tasseln...ck/tbk044d.jpg

Here's a phone snap of a similar one we have in our home that shows
more explicitly that there are two loops that come out either side of
the knot:
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/s...tion=view&curr
ent=red_tieback.gif

Here's a phone snap of the patient we are working on. As you can see
its a bit of a mess!
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/s...tion=view&curr
ent=themess.png

Any idea which direction we should look? We've tried all sorts of
references online, and while we're finding a lot of stuff on sailing
knots we're not seeing anything that shows us how to do this.

Any help very much appreciated!

Can you loosen the example you have and reverse engineer it?

There are two leads coming from the tassel, but four exiting the knot.
Either another cord is introduced from somewhere, or the ends of the two
tassel cords are inside the knot. If you can carefully loosen the extant
eample, you might be able to see how it's done. I can't find anything
useful in Ashley, either.

Scott

Old October 16th 09, 06:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Kyle
wrote:

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to tie a certain kind of
drapery knot. I've seen some discussions here that the Ashley Book of
Knots may be of some assistance, but the copy of the book I have seen
does not seem to reference it. I've uploaded some photos of the
specific knot he

Here's a commercial picture of what the finished product ought to look
like:
http://www.indianproduct.com/tasseln...ck/tbk044d.jpg

Try this

Take a length of the material you are working with and wrap it three
times around a round object such as a broom handle, empty paper towel
or toilet paper tube. When you have made the three wraps take the ends
of the material and pass then back through the three wraps (you'll
have an end coming out of each side) and the cinch them tight slowly.
Using this method I have been able to make a knot that look almost
identical to the pictured in the above site. When completed you can
then slip the knot onto the upper portion of the tieback and attach
the tassel to the two ends you passed through the three turns in what
ever manner seems best.

Old October 19th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.knots
Davej

On Oct 15, 6:00*pm, Kyle wrote:
[...]
Here's a commercial picture of what the finished product ought to look
like:http://www.indianproduct.com/tasseln...ck/tbk044d.jpg

Looks like an ordinary triple-overhand. Is one rope just passing
freely through the knot? If so look up the double fisherman's and just
tie half of it as a triple rather than a double.

Advice on curtain widths Lizzie Sewing 5 June 30th 04 01:54 AM
Curtain dilemma Carolyn Wagner Sewing 2 January 2nd 04 04:29 PM
New curtain designs are added Embroidery PES Sewing 1 October 27th 03 03:24 PM
New curtain designs are added Embroidery PES Needlework 0 October 27th 03 09:03 AM
curtain headings Patty Sewing 4 August 5th 03 10:08 PM