Burp pads?

Old September 8th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Burp pads?

Hi all
I have the fabric in the wash for most of the baby quilts planned. I
head out early Friday for my treat-to-me quilt retreat in Buellton
[CA]. There are 4 to do, one for niece's first [girl], one for an
officer's first [son], one for friend's first grandson, and one for a
co-worker [don't know yet!]. I have decided I will do Yellow Brick
Road from now on, since FQ and half yards are plentiful in my stash.
Doing Warm wishes for my niece, though.

Does anyone use burp pads anymore, or is just a clean diaper used? I
thought about making a few, in a kinda doggie-bone shape to fit over
the shoulder. Any thoughts on this?

Ginger in CA
[got some cool law enforcement fabric for the officer's son, pairing
up with firetrucks, baseball bats, camoflage, etc.]
and told my niece she should be careful she isn't having twins - her
mom is a twin
Old September 8th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_5_]

I don't think disposable diapers work very well for burp cloths. G So,
yes on flannel burp cloths either shaped or rectangles.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old September 8th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I think burp pads are a wonderful idea. Terry cloth is good too. I really
like having one especially when cuddling a new baby. They really don't
need whatever's on my shoulder like hairspray, fabric softener or eau d'
hushpuppy. Polly

"maryd" wroteI don't think disposable diapers work very well for burp
cloths. G So,
yes on flannel burp cloths either shaped or rectangles.

"Ginger in CA" wrote Hi all

Old September 8th 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

My burp pad report. This seen in the OC relatives so take it
with a grain of salt. They are a little special you know. LOL

A cloth pre-folded diaper is the starting point. Take a maybe
3" or 4" square of cute baby fabric. Cut that in half. Stitch
one to each of two opposite corners of the diaper. Now, if
you can add a fancy little label you could probably sell them
for big bucks. They were pretty cute but I shutter to think what
was paid for them. I used to make burp pads in sort of a long
hour glass kind of shape. (or doggie bone shape) They got
a lot of use. Mostly depends on whether the baby is a spitter
or not. I'd rather have a burp pad and not need it than need it
and not have it.
Have fun on your retreat.
Taria
Taria

Old September 8th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

I still like burp pads. Especially if you have a pukey baby. When I ran
out I would just use a small receiving blanket. But I think every mom
should have a few.
Joanna

Old September 8th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Listpig

Disposable diapers don't work for that......sewing them would be way cool.
I found when I was tending grandbabies I'd just end up using dishtowels,
which is probably the closest thing to a cloth diaper in most houses these
days......

--pig

On 9/7/09 20:53, in article
, "Ginger

Old September 8th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie Einarson

Burp pads are the most popular things I make for babies. All leftover
flannel goes into them. I make alot of receiving blankets, two sided,
and square, and the leftovers into matching burp pads. You only use
burp pads until you quit burping them, but if you make them in a
rectangle, they are also useful for other things, like laying under the
baby when you are changing him or her on Grandma's bedspread, wiping
cloths, etc. My daughter carried some in her diaper bag until she
didn't need a diaper bag any more.

Connie from ND

Old September 8th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Sep 7, 7:53*pm, Ginger in CA wrote:
[...]

I think burp pads are still very much in use. I was going to make some
with
leftovers from the quilts. I thought, one side of fabric, one side of
flannel.
I like the doggie-bone style too. There are some instructions out on
the
net (though you probably dont need instructions, they're easy.)
IIRC, the main purpose of the burp cloth is to protect mom's shirt.

Sherry
Old September 8th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Doggie-bone shaped is spot on -I saw a similar pattern for one
(included in a set of baby stuff patterns). May have been a Butterick.
Classier than a cloth diaper, and probably more effective if made from
maybe 2 layers of flannel.
Roberta in D

Old September 8th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Thanks all!
I remember a token male in my 12-step support group years ago who made
a burp pad for a gal's baby shower. I think i will have leftover
flannel from the backings!
If they are a rectangle, any comments on the optimum size?

Hi Connie in ND - we miss you!!

Ginger in CA
dang, two days of work this week, Gotta go in!

Ginger in CA wrote:

[...]

mom is a twin - Hide quoted text -

internet burp? KJ Quilting 7 September 20th 07 08:05 PM
Looking for Baby Burp Cloth Inst. Donna in NE La. Quilting 30 July 3rd 06 03:52 PM
Ink pads Jeanne Burton Rubberstamps 21 August 5th 05 07:20 PM
HOT PADS? Puffins Quilting 8 September 26th 04 07:42 PM
Did Google burp today? AliceW Quilting 2 December 3rd 03 05:17 AM