First News we saw yesterday

Old October 4th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default OT - First News we saw yesterday

That's a very good observation, and that's also why so much child
molestation is allowed to go on. Often the spouse is just as afraid as the
child, and once nothing is said, nothing CAN be said. Sad.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----

very seldom do people speak ill of the dead, especially
related people.
if they were to say that "yes, he was a little strange", or
"yes, he was terribly depressed & angry", then they make
themselves responsible for what happened, by failing to get
help for the person. it removes all personal culpability to
say that they didn't see anything odd beforehand, that he was
a wonderful person.
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be

Old October 5th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

enigma wrote:
"DAB" wrote in

What gets me is all these wackos family and friends say the
same thing......they were wonderful husbands and
fathers.....someone missed something along the way IMO.

very seldom do people speak ill of the dead, especially
related people.
if they were to say that "yes, he was a little strange", or
"yes, he was terribly depressed & angry", then they make
themselves responsible for what happened, by failing to get
help for the person. it removes all personal culpability to
say that they didn't see anything odd beforehand, that he was
a wonderful person.
lee

Good points.

Old October 7th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default First News we saw yesterday

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
First News we saw yesternight after awhole day with no news was the
Murder in the Amish School .... it seems there are no Safe places
anymore on earth ,,,, For several years now i have the feeling that
the DARK ages are back again ,,,
terrible event

Yes, and there are more and more things like that happening, Mirjam.
There is an American politician who is trying to get permission for
teachers to carry guns to school. Can you imagine????

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 7th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wollhexe

And let's not forget that all these deeds were done and will continue
to be done by men and boys with guns. Not by women, not by girls, not
with knives, axes, poison or other instruments of destruction.
Currently being sick and tired of both men and guns,
in upstate New York,
Antje

Jackie wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
First News we saw yesternight after awhole day with no news was the
Murder in the Amish School .... it seems there are no Safe places
anymore on earth ,,,, For several years now i have the feeling that
the DARK ages are back again ,,,
terrible event
mirjam

Mirjam -- when I first saw you rmessage (after breaking the fast,
without having seen any news) my first reaction was "there are Amish
schools in Israel??" Now, of course, it's in the newspapers and I see
the real story. I live in Denver, Colorado, so our papers are still
full of stories about the Bailey shooting, which seems to have inspired
this one. Sigh. Wishes for "a sweet year" seem a little beside the
point after news like this -- let's just wish for a year of sanity and
safety.

--Jackie

Old October 8th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sadly enough Katherine ,
i can imagine , here in some places , there are teachers who are
liscensed to carry guns in school , in case of Terrorists entering
schools , and schools have a guard who checks all bags of every person
entering a school ,,
mirjam

Old October 8th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

The nesessity of something like that is more terrifying than just about
anything I can imagine. There are teachers who are not to be trusted,
too. I hope that I never live in a place where that is able to happen.
The idea of a guard is not as bad.

Higs,
Katherine

Old October 8th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Katherine" wrote in
oups.com:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Sadly enough Katherine ,
i can imagine , here in some places , there are teachers
who are liscensed to carry guns in school , in case of
Terrorists entering schools , and schools have a guard who
checks all bags of every person entering a school ,,
mirjam

Yes, and there are more and more things like that
happening, Mirjam. There is an American politician who is
trying to get permission for teachers to carry guns to
school. Can you imagine????

if they did not publisize the nutcases so heavily, there
would most likely be far fewer instances. so much of this
stupidity is copy cat stuff for fame, even if it is fame after
death.
lee
Old October 11th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in
:

I rather find it iis better have guards and PREVENT
problems than crying later. You do have guards in Banks ?
don`t you.

only in the cities. none of the banks around where i am have
guards.

Between World Terrorism, growing poverty,
Radicalization of many moovements,ideological or religious
ones, i am afraid that Safety is slowly dwindling away. It
seems like we had [all the world] some nice `time off` ,
and we are back to the unsafety, people were so used to in
the begining of former century.

since it's overtly political, i'll stay away from the
discussion of global terrorism & radicalization of idiological
movements, except to say that some certain group of people are
so clueless they should all be impeached... they are spreading
danger, not containing or stopping it.
i do agree that poverty is a root cause, especially in areas
where there is a really huge & growing disparity between the
rich & poor, with fewer rich & more poor everyday.
personally, i don't feel less safe, but i live in a rural
area & i don't pay much attention to the bread & circus news
(ever notice how there's some really stupid "news" story every
time the US gov't is about to be exposed for lying again?). it
really bugs me that the government is *trying* to make me
afraid, so i'll blindly go along with giving up my
constitutional rights. i'm not buying it.
lee
Old October 11th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in
:

Thank you Lee , for your answer.
I am very glad for you, that you [still] believe, that you
are safe. And i truely HOPE, that your belief, will stay
true and valid. I also understand your reluctance about an
issue that seems `political` to you.

it's more that my fellow Americans may not have the same
feelings about current politics that i do. i'm hesitant to start
political wars on unrelated newsgroups
it's much nicer to have a non-politically charged place to
speak to friends, isn't it?
as far as safety, in most countries i think that it is still
safer to be out in the country, rather than in cities. i have a
private water supply. i can raise the food i need (although
buying food is certainly easier!). i'm not under the same fears
of attack as cityfolk, since it's not worth it to attack
sparsely populated areas for political "gain". (odd mentally ill
people excepted of course, but really that's a rare thing)

I have learned in my life that none of us can run away from
politics ,,,because politics gets us.
Closing your eays ,ears and mouth [ like those 3 mythical
apes] won`t change a thing about the outcome.

no, but one can minimize the effects of others political fallout
by staying alert & ahead of thier plans.

I was very lucky that Both my grandpas, didn`t say 'we are
safe it won`t happen to us`, They read the Books and
newspapers and went about preparing themselves, and that is
why i can now sit here and type to you .

yes, and now, as well as then, it makes me sad that people are
so engrossed in thier own plans that they fail to stop and look
at the larger picture...
i am political, i just choose not to bring it here
lee