Ot thursday morning notes from Haifa under the rockets

Old August 10th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot thursday morning notes from Haifa under the rockets

YES that is the MOOD May all terrorists crawl back into the dark
place they came from ,, pox ,,, i like that !!!
Don`t thank me for the posts i thank you lot for wanting to know we
are ok. It means a lot.. there are so many people who think different.

A year ago i joked that eventualy , all will have to undress before
Flying , and put on a see through nylon overall ,,,, Don`t laugh it
might come close to this ....
maybe we all have to start growing horses again ,,,,,Of course the
people in Australia could train a kanguru , the pockrt might be
usefull ,,,
. A pox on the terrorists! Even
though we don't want to let them change our lives, they're managing to do it
anyway.

That is what i keep telling people on various ngs and lists, That
teror is a cancer , that one can`t stop , but one can minimize the
dammage ,,,,
I look forward to your posts everyday, to hear how you're doing, and know
that you're safe.

Thank you , i am happy i can write, i feel snug in my little shelter.
When i can i slip up for my warp,, I am really in a LUXERY situation
compared to people in Nahriya , kiryat Shmona etc,,
I am in Luxery compared to the over 400000 evacuated people ..
On a happier note, I have my granddaughter visiting me for 3 weeks now, and

I am curious if she will be happy with it this time ,,,
best wishes mirjam

she wants me to try to teach her how to knit. We tried 2 years ago, but she
just found it too difficult. Now that she's nine, maybe it will be a little
easier. (smile).

Knitting hugs to you Mirjam.

Shelagh

Old August 10th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Joan , i don`t think my messages are special , i am just
lucky that i have you kind people who want to read and support me with
their kind words. In times like this it helps.
There is so much pain and grief , In Majdal _Khrum today a Jung mother
and her 5 year old boy were killed from a direct hit .. and the toll
grows ,,,
Haifa and the whole North of Israel , are indeed the MOST beautiful
part[s],, The mountains are very male mountaind , with spikes and
triangular forms unlike the Jerusalem [ boom in the north ] that are
more female , more soft and rounded.
All water sources are up north here ,, it is green it is friendly , it
has many animals Villages , i have lived here abouts since 1952 ,,
this is my home ground . I walked the paths , i saw it develope from
small huts to beautiful high tech or Touring places...
It is full with History it kisses the mediterenean and hugs the sea of
Gallille , it has 23 ruins of Old Synagues from BC times, it has
Crusader`s ruins , Roman ruins ,,, every part of history is
represented ,,The people are friendly , My Tel-Aviv Friends say it is
another world ,,, Everybody talks with everybody ..
And the Nature is LOVELY .
WE have a lot of Industry Alas not enough work, and a very mixed
society , Haifa built on the moutain has suburbs that are separated
bt wadis m hence you get the impression you live in a village at many
parts. The mountain is dominant but so is the sea ,, We have the
Technion [ technical university ] and a GREAT university ,,, BEST
city in the country.
Keep safe and keep writing to us when you can. Unfortuately, thanks to
all of this, those of us who have never been to Haifa and the
surrounding countryside have gotten to see it, live on television.

hahah i told you it is beautiful !!!
We also have our own local humour .
mirjam
from Haifa on mount Carmel

Old August 10th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jenn Vanderslice

....and would you believe, this past Tuesday my husband and I purchased
two tickets from the U.S. to London! We're going to England for our
first time in a couple weeks. We keep telling family and friends,
"We're not on any of the airlines that were targeted AND at least we can
be relieved to know that security will be really good." The problem is,
we'll have to arrive a day in advance to actually get through security!

Does El-Al fly from NY to London? They're suppose to be the safest
airline on the planet and I could really use that comfort right now. ;-)

BTW-Mirjam, though I don't post or read daily, I do make it a point to
search you out and make sure you're okay and still posting everyday. :-)

Take care of yourself,
Jenn

--
-- -- -- -- -- -- --
Cigar Crawl's Project Pink: http://www.cigarcrawl.com/pink.html

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Old August 10th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Have a great trip, Jenn! We can't let terrorists rule our lives, can we? I
know that Mirjam doesn't.

Higs,
Katherine

Jenn Vanderslice wrote:
...and would you believe, this past Tuesday my husband and I purchased
two tickets from the U.S. to London! We're going to England for our
first time in a couple weeks. We keep telling family and friends,
"We're not on any of the airlines that were targeted AND at least we
can be relieved to know that security will be really good." The
problem is, we'll have to arrive a day in advance to actually get
through security!
Does El-Al fly from NY to London? They're suppose to be the safest
airline on the planet and I could really use that comfort right now.
;-)

Old August 10th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam, I have to disagree with you. Your messages are special. They let us
know that our friend is still with us, and still managing to stay in touch.
That is one of the first things I check every morning, and if there is no
message from you, I worry until I see one.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 10th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:38:16 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

Noreen i answered your letter from yesternight but sent it wrongly to
your adresse here and it came back ,
Sorry and THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the encouragements.
mirjam

No apologies necessary my dear friend!
I am going to email YOU, with the CORRECT email addresses for ME
included....
Love,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-2, 08/10/2006
Tested: 8/10/2006 1:57:08 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 10th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:15:46 -0500, Shillelagh spun a fine yarn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Thank you Sofia , just answered you
mirjam
+ coffee after 5 alarms ,,,,
All eyes are now for a change on Heathrow ,,

Mirjam, thanks to your post, I've now read the news on Heathrow. So, now
cabin luggage is banned from flights coming from Britain. Good grief, I
guess it's time to start driving everywhere, except the gas is getting so
expensive, it's hard to do that either. A pox on the terrorists! Even
though we don't want to let them change our lives, they're managing to do it
anyway.

I look forward to your posts everyday, to hear how you're doing, and know
that you're safe.

On a happier note, I have my granddaughter visiting me for 3 weeks now, and
she wants me to try to teach her how to knit. We tried 2 years ago, but she
just found it too difficult. Now that she's nine, maybe it will be a little
easier. (smile).

Knitting hugs to you Mirjam.

Shelagh

---
avast! AV: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-2, 08/10/2006
Tested: 8/10/2006 1:55:21 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Shelagh,
It's been suggested that ALL flights be nudist, that way NO ONE can
hide anything anywhere.....
Noreen
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-2, 08/10/2006
Tested: 8/10/2006 1:58:37 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 10th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:47:28 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

[...]

I've heard the suggestion before about NUDIST flights, AND the
suggestion that instead of 'expensive' Flight Marshalls on every
flight, a piglet aboard every flight, as a terrorist finds it
abhorrant to die with 'swine'....
Love,
Noreen
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-2, 08/10/2006
Tested: 8/10/2006 2:01:02 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 10th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

YarnWright wrote:
It's been suggested that ALL flights be nudist, that way NO ONE can
hide anything anywhere.....

ROTFL!!! And also I would never fly again!

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 10th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

DOn't worry, Mirjam, we are all connected.

Higs,
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
THANK YOU Katherine i BLUSH ,,,
it is important for me to know this shelter is not really isolated ,
mirjam