Ot thursday morning notes from Haifa under the rockets

Old August 10th 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Default Ot thursday morning notes from Haifa under the rockets

Hi Mirjam! Just sent you a message, hadn't realised you already posted this!
Now I feel more relaxed! Wish you a better than usual morning to you too.
SD

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" a écrit dans le message de news:
Slept well , but was woken early by the cat . I felt that my muscles
are all squeezed in ,,, i had feet cramps ,, i NEEEEED to walk
Got up and worked a bit on my warp. than about 08.00 , went out
determined to have a big walk , my bag is uaully a rucksack , but now
i have more things in it
Went to the center of our neighbourhood , through the street with
better safe places, [ small walls , houses where you can enter the
staircase , not a big space between potential safe places]. My usual
street doesn`t offer enough safe places. made quite a big `round`.
entered the supermarket to buy a few things, and at the newsstand
bought a paper as well as a `reader`s digest`.
It was interesting to see that while at 08.00 the street was rather
`full` , with people now at several minutes to 09.00 , i saw almost no
people ,,, i decided that quick walking was very healthy ,,,got to my
front door , put my shoppings on the floor to pick my keys , opened
the door , got in closed it and ......... You guessed it the Alarm
went on ,,, [ hallo Hizbulla you are too early ] ...pushed the few
Frozen foods into the freezer and Zippppped down into my shelter.
GOOD MORNING all
mirjam

Old August 10th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Sofia , just answered you
mirjam
+ coffee after 5 alarms ,,,,
All eyes are now for a change on Heathrow ,,

Old August 10th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Thanks for keeping us posted Mirjam. I'm glad you are getting out and
moving those legs, but keep safe,

Hesira

Old August 10th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:57:40 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

[...]
---

Mirjam,
I am SO happy to see your post, AND that you were able to
'stretch-your-legs' a bit.
Now the threat(s) @ Heathrow have our attention as well.
May peace come sooner than later.
May you and yours remain SAFE, and healthy!
Love,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-2, 08/10/2006
Tested: 8/10/2006 9:07:41 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 10th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Hesira , we are just in another Alarm ... \
jeeks ,,, Don`t the terrorists any other hobby ?
mirjam

Old August 10th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Thanks for posting, Mirjam. I am always glad to hear from you.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 10th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Joan in CT

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Thank you Hesira , we are just in another Alarm ... \
jeeks ,,, Don`t the terrorists any other hobby ?
mirjam

Hi Mirjam -
Your messages from Haifa are so special. I hope you are keeping some
kind of journal or notebook to record your experiences during the
events of this summer.
Keep safe and keep writing to us when you can. Unfortuately, thanks to
all of this, those of us who have never been to Haifa and the
surrounding countryside have gotten to see it, live on television. I
can only imagine how beautiful it all was before the bombs and rockets
came.
Joan

Old August 10th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Thank you Sofia , just answered you
mirjam
+ coffee after 5 alarms ,,,,
All eyes are now for a change on Heathrow ,,

Mirjam, thanks to your post, I've now read the news on Heathrow. So, now
cabin luggage is banned from flights coming from Britain. Good grief, I
guess it's time to start driving everywhere, except the gas is getting so
expensive, it's hard to do that either. A pox on the terrorists! Even
though we don't want to let them change our lives, they're managing to do it
anyway.

I look forward to your posts everyday, to hear how you're doing, and know
that you're safe.

On a happier note, I have my granddaughter visiting me for 3 weeks now, and
she wants me to try to teach her how to knit. We tried 2 years ago, but she
just found it too difficult. Now that she's nine, maybe it will be a little
easier. (smile).

Knitting hugs to you Mirjam.

Shelagh

Old August 10th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Noreen i answered your letter from yesternight but sent it wrongly to
your adresse here and it came back ,
Sorry and THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the encouragements.
mirjam