Gammy leg kitty - OT...

Old February 22nd 05, 07:10 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Gammy leg kitty - OT...

Sugar Puff has a gammy leg! She visited the vet this am, but the (new
lady) vet, like me, could find no obvious sign of injury. We feel Ms
Kitty has 'fell off of a fence' and pulled a muscle. She got a pain and
anti-inflammatory shot. She was allowed to have Cornflakes sick kitty
quilt in the cat box with her.

The other morning I saw a worm on her fur, and this am I picked a flea
off Cornflake, so I got a couple of Drontal tablets and some Frontline
anti-flea drops. Sugar Puff objected to being pilled - one bite, three
swear words and a slight choke when I stuffed the thing down her gullet
on the third try! Cornflake took his at the first attempt! Didn't
fancy being told off for biting, I reckon!
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 22nd 05, 08:49 PM
Sharon Harper

Try putting the pill in some smooshy cream cheese - you know you can get
those triangle shaped ones that come in a "circle set"? We had some that
were too smooshy and the girls wouldn't eat them. Luckily they were still
in the fridge when Merlot the Magnificent needed to be pilled. No troubles
whatsoever - just lots of complaints when the cheese ran out!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old February 22nd 05, 09:29 PM
nana2b

Gentle Kitty hugs from Fiona and Sugar to your sweet Kitty. Linda in TX

Old February 22nd 05, 10:13 PM
georg

Kate Dicey wrote:

Sugar Puff has a gammy leg! She visited the vet this am, but the (new
lady) vet, like me, could find no obvious sign of injury. We feel Ms
Kitty has 'fell off of a fence' and pulled a muscle. She got a pain and
anti-inflammatory shot. She was allowed to have Cornflakes sick kitty
quilt in the cat box with her.

The other morning I saw a worm on her fur, and this am I picked a flea
off Cornflake, so I got a couple of Drontal tablets and some Frontline
anti-flea drops. Sugar Puff objected to being pilled - one bite, three
swear words and a slight choke when I stuffed the thing down her gullet
on the third try! Cornflake took his at the first attempt! Didn't
fancy being told off for biting, I reckon!

Colin suggests the use of towels if the feline doesn't like to
cooperate. He doesn't like his pills either, but he's down to half a
pill twice a week, instead of the twice daily and then slowly tapered
down over a few months. He's a brute force pill taker. By feeding him
right after his pills, I'm not sure if we have reinforced pills as being
necessary, or putting him off treats entirely.

Spider will consent to pills in her treats.

Pepe doesn't care what you do as long as you give him attention.

And dog just says Gimme cream cheese. She will eat anything with cream
cheese. Having it be a pain reliever only re-inforces the idea.

I hope your moggies improve rapidly, and forgive quickly.

-georg
Old February 22nd 05, 10:25 PM
sdgodfrey

Poor Sugar Puff. Our Clyde had a gimpy leg about a month back. We
couldn't find anything wrong with it. We debated taking him to the vet
and decided to wait and see since he fights the trip so badly. He kept
licking his leg and eventually the hair came out so we could see what
was going on. He had bad abrasions on both sides of his leg. He kept
them clean and we kept a close eye on him. He's all healed up now and
has hair growing back. We're not sure what happened to him.

The anti-inflammatory shot is a good idea. I hope she's fine before you
know it.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old February 23rd 05, 02:05 AM
Carolyn McCarty

'Dorable Dora sends her commiserations to Sugar Puff. She says she'd rather
I just force the pill down and then give her treats to show that no harm was
intended. Tuna or salmon juice is her favorite, but she will settle for a
toothful of Muenster cheese, or a bit or rare beefsteak. Treats must be
followed by extensive petting.

It is probably just a pulled muscle (we've all been there and done that,
haven't we?) but I'm glad you took her to the doctor.

Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old February 23rd 05, 03:44 AM
Polly Esther

Extensive petting is definitely required. Rub the whiskers for Aunt Polly

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote

Old February 23rd 05, 05:39 AM
Teresa in Colorado

Who said the swear words - you or Sugar Puff (or both)?
grin
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

Old February 23rd 05, 09:21 AM
Kate Dicey

Teresa in Colorado wrote:

Who said the swear words - you or Sugar Puff (or both)?
grin

Yes. She swore then bit me. I then swore. She has sharp teef.

This morning she is sufficiently recovered to grumble about not being
allowed to go out and make snowmen.

Old February 23rd 05, 09:22 AM
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

Extensive petting is definitely required. Rub the whiskers for Aunt Polly

Duly done. She gets extensive cat-worshiping anyway, but extra snuggles
at times like this.