OT Andale Gallery sucks

Old October 1st 03, 12:58 AM
bluemaxx

Default OT Andale Gallery sucks

RANT! I'm on a cabel modem and it still takes me forever to
download (and I hear my pc making ALL kinds of noises) those damned
"Andale Gallery" thingeys on a seller's page.

1. The "Andale Gallery" box that show pics of ALL the seller's
auctions is in a stupid, *tiny little box, with pics so small
they're pretty much worthless anyway!! If I want to see all your
other auctions, I know what link to click on... the one that says
"View Sellers Other Items"! Sellers, if you've got one of those
"Andale Gallery"'s... PLEASE... get rid of it. Nothing makes me
backtrack faster!

2. Does anyone know if I can revise the settings in my pc to NOT
download that stupid Andale Gallery when I reach a seller's page
that has one? Does it have something to do with my Javascript
settings or whatever?

3. While I'm ranting... I've also run across many, many, many, MANY
auctions that never state the color of the glass used in the making
of the lampwork beads. PLEASE... for the sake of people searching
for a particular color in lampworked beads... and the people that
have small monitors... and the people that are looking at your
lampwork in daylight and the colors don't "pop" on-screen as well as
they do at night... PLEASE, write out what color glass you've used
in your lampwork.

Thanks!!!
Ok... I feel better now lol
--
Linda

---

Old October 1st 03, 01:25 AM
Kandice Seeber

Meeee tooooo! They run sluggishly, even on my new faster system with the
cable connection. Their software really sucks.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old October 1st 03, 06:37 AM
Christina Peterson

Double rant from those of us without access to cable even. Those dumb
little gallery pictures are also often distorted.

The whole thing about download time is strange. There are many highly
professional seller who put up great pictures the are biggish, but load
fast. And then there are great bead artists, whose pictures takes 2 minutes
or more to load - just leonardo and those wonderful tiny beads now under a
new name.

And I also like to know what the name of a color is. It may not be the same
color for every one, but it gives an idea. If it states that there's
lavendar with that aqua, I will know it's not just a shaded area I see. etc.

Tina