Looking for Spiderman chart!

Old October 13th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Maggs

Default Looking for Spiderman chart!

Hi! I'm new to this group.....well, kinda maybe! but not really! I was
a member a couple of years ago.....got to busy to keep up.....but I missed
all of you!!!! Do you still do the monthly 6 X 6 square swap? Is Aud
still around? She was my partner one month! Any way it's lovely to be
back and see all the familiar names........Wooly, Mirjam (she sent me
threads from half way around the world!) Shillelagh (I once asked you how
your name is pronounced, probably one of about 100,00 folks who have done
that!) It's nice to be back............Now to tap into all of the
incredible resources here....Can anyone point me in the direction to a
Spiderman chart..(kitting)...I have a 3 year old GS who wants a Spiderman
sweater.......I have googled it but not really come up with much! Thanks
for any help!

Maggs, madly knitting in the sonoran desert

Old October 13th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Maggs" wrote in message
Shillelagh (I once asked you how your name is pronounced, probably one of

about 100,00 folks who have done
that!)

Hi Maggs

Good to see you back. Sorry I can't help with the sweater.

Actually Shillelagh is only a "screen" name. My actual name is Shelagh.
Sheee - la (like Sheila, only spelled differently) The spelling of Shelagh
is Irish (Celtic) and I believe it comes from Shillelagh. (therefore - the
screen name) ;)

I'm sure it's a lot warmer there than here in Manitoba. The wind is howling
at 61 kph right now and it snowed yesterday! Too soon for snow! Hopefully
it will all melt. It's normally around 20° Celcius at this time of year
(during the day), and the last few days it's hovered around 0° C !

Shelagh

Old October 13th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

Maggs wrote:
[...]

I, too, have a spiderman-mad boy here. I don't have any patterns,
though, but I did find one online (since it's copyrighted 'thing' I
would guess that any Spiderman pattern will need to be purchased).
http://www.kidsera.com/links/0371.htm This one says 'sold' but perhaps
it might help you find it on ebay.

What you could do (involving lots of work!) would be to find the image
you want to use (off a book, online, poster, whatever) and then work a
grid over it (if you want your image to cover 50 stitches, use a grid
sized so that 50 blocks fit across it), and use a non-square grid,
since knitting stitches aren't of the same width and height.

Our Katherine (who posts rarely now since she's so busy) knit my DS a
pair of spiderman socks; red socks, blue toes, heels and cuff, and did
black webbing throughout; perhaps just a spiderweb or spider in the
red/blue/black combination would suit for your GS.

Photos of her great socks are he
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui...a08re2&.src=ph

The 6x6 exchange has been moved to the Yahoo group called Yarners.

Michelle

Old October 13th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Maggs" skrev i melding
Hi! I'm new to this group.....well, kinda maybe! but not really!
I was a member a couple of years ago.....got to busy to keep
up.....but I missed all of you!!!! Do you still do the monthly 6 X 6
square swap? Is Aud still around? She was my partner one month!
Any way it's lovely to be back and see all the familiar
names........Wooly, Mirjam (she sent me threads from half way around
the world!) Shillelagh (I once asked you how your name is pronounced,
probably one of about 100,00 folks who have done that!) It's nice to
be back............Now to tap into all of the incredible resources
here....Can anyone point me in the direction to a Spiderman
chart..(kitting)...I have a 3 year old GS who wants a Spiderman
sweater.......I have googled it but not really come up with much!
Thanks for any help!

Maggs, madly knitting in the sonoran desert

Hi Maggs! I'm still around, but not so much as earlier!
Good to see you!
Just now I have my fall-holiday, working with my kitchen walls!LOL! We
shall have a full make over after 25years(for us, and at least 5 years
for the former owner) The cupboards are delaied, but I try to have "the
room" as ready as possible :-)
The weather has beesn beautiful this week, not easy to work inside!

Yesterday we took a day off, and had a trip on the fiord in our boat,
together with MIL. She needs to have some nice days,(sitting too much
in her flat with a hurting hip) we can take her by car or by boat when
we are off, and we had a wonderful day together.

I'm S_L_O_W_L_Y_ working on a cardigan. Cannot see the end of it,
because there are so many other activities to take care of...and which i
like!
I look so forward to finish the kitchen!

Sorry I cannot help you with the spiderman!
AUD ;-)

Old October 13th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alibee

Hi Maggs,

You can find charts he
http://vickidesigns.homestead.com/Spiderman.html

I believe you have to email the site owner and get them emailed to you.

Alison

Old October 14th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hallo Maggs
Welcome back ....
How is the weather in your desert ?