Our Knit-Out

Old August 14th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Our Knit-Out

My knitting group held their annual Knit-Out yesterday in the city of
Winnipeg, at the historic Forks.
http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/mb/forks/index_e.asp

My granddaughter came along and worked on her knit stitch scarf. The day
started out cloudy with a few sprinkles of rain, but pretty much everyone
had brought along an umbrella and nylon jacket. Because of the weather our
turnout, and the usually large crowds at The Forks was down from last year.

Everyone worked on their own projects and most went around the circle to see
what the others were working on. We were there from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
and had a good time. Two of the women brought their spinning wheels, which
always draws in the passers-by.

At the end of the day, there was a draw for some yarn and needles
thoughtfully brought in by one of the members, and also a couple of books
and a year's membership to the local guild. My g-daughter was thrilled to
be asked to draw the names, and even more so when she won a particular ball
of very soft "Lulu" yarn by Bernat that she had been coveting. I think
we're going to start a new scarf today from this yarn. (heh, heh - reel 'em
in young!).

Shelagh

Old August 14th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:
[...]

Sounds good to me, Shelagh! My granddaughter has also started knitting, and
loves it. She is just doing garter stitch so far, but that's a beginning,
isn't it?

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 14th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

"Katherine" wrote in message
Shillelagh wrote:
[...]

The very best place to start)

Old August 14th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Ophelia wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
Shillelagh wrote:
[...]

You are Julie Andrews AICMFP!

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 14th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

"Katherine" wrote in message

You are Julie Andrews AICMFP!

PAH G