New sewing table

Old February 15th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default New sewing table

I finally broke down and bought myself one of those folding tables
that have a "hole" for your machine to fit into. I had been delaying
because I was afraid it would be too flimsy, but this last round of
trying to machine quilt with the machine on a flat table, with the
quilt pulling away from the needle unless I held it in a death-grip,
finally got to me.

It does wobble a little, but it is actually pretty good quality. The
edges are rounded, and the piece the machine sits on in the "hole" can
be adjusted up or down. I put it at the end of my other table, so now
I have tons of room behind the machine.

The height is just perfect - I used to have a "real" table, in our old
house, and this feels just the same. It is SOO much better than having
the machine sit on "top" of the table.

Everything in my sewing room has to fold up and go away when we have
company (it's the guest room, with a Murphy bed on the wall) so I
couldn't get (and couldn't afford) a big old cabinet.

I got mine at Allbrands.com, they had the best price and best shipping
rates. TSWLTH has them on their website, also, and I am sure any store
that carries Arrow cabinets (that who makes the one I got) would have
them (or could get one) also.

Sorry I've been absent for so long - like 5 years! but I've had a heck
of a few years here lately. Now I'm back to quilting quite a bit, so
I've been lurking for about 6 months, listening to the conversations.

Old February 15th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Welcome back! Doesn't life really get in the way of our quilting from time
to time?

--
Kate in MI

Old February 15th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 1:51 pm, "Kate G." wrote:
Welcome back! Doesn't life really get in the way of our quilting from time
to time?

--
Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Yes, and it's a darned shame!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/SowalQuilter

Old February 16th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Hello robichaux.tina!
The folding sewing table sounds fantastic. I'd like some thing like that to
take to classes, etc. Is yours heavy?

My permanent sewing desk is also Arrow brand. I've been very happy with it.

Welcome back. I don't recognize your address, which is all I see in the from
column. Please sign your messages and we'll know who you are! (Some of us
will probably remember you, too.)

PAT in Virginia

Old February 17th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

The table weighs 35 pounds - a little less than totally portable.

I USED to be TMMRR - part of the Atlanta gang, sometimes known as Tina
R!
Old February 17th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE'S
BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your chair off the wall, haul it up to the Cyber-King-Size-Quilt-Frame
and

STAY

Butterfly (Who's got the M&M's, pass 'em on down, we're gonna celebrate)

Old February 17th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

I have a Sew Ezi portable sewing table that I take to classes/workshops
and so on. It is light weight, has wheels, and a wonderful cover that
has a special pocket to hold the insert that fits your machine. G It
is amazingly sturdy and I love it. I had it set up at the seminar in
Utah and had several women looking at it and deciding that they were
going to get one too. VBG You can run the machine with "pedal to the
metal" and it doesn't shake or shimmy at all.
Not cheap, but very worth the money in my opinion. (I have some back
problems and sewing at a machine set up on a table makes it literally a
pain. G) Another advantage is that you have a larger surface area to
support your work.
(I am not associated with the company, just a very satisfied customer.)

Pati, in Phx

Old February 17th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_3_]

I want one of these:

http://www.sewezi.co.nz/

There were three of them at the retreat that I attended and they were
very stable/sturdy.

It's on my wish list, along with a wii!

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old February 18th 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I looked at the Sew-Ezi, but it was too spendy for me and I really
don't need to take mine anywhere - so, the Arrow worked.

The second bonus of my new setup that I discovered while madly machine
quilting this weekend, is that the left end of the table is now up
against the "wall" (actually, the front of the Murphy bed) and so the
bulk of the quilt can't fall off of the table. It's wonderful, I did
the outline quilting around the lone star yesterday on the camo quilt
and the free-hand looks just like the straight stitching I did with
the walking foot.

Seriously, if you are having problems with your free-hand machine
quilting and you don't have your machine flush with the table, you
just don't know what a difference it makes.

Old February 18th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

I THINK I have my username changed back to TinaR now, we'll see if it
works.

which sewing table? Irrational Number Quilting 20 February 12th 06 09:23 PM
DIY sewing table? silverbells Quilting 25 February 8th 06 04:37 AM
sewing table Susanne Quilting 9 December 7th 04 06:14 AM
Sewing table? WhansaMi Quilting 18 June 6th 04 01:22 PM