I think I did it.....

Old November 17th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

Default I think I did it.....

Those things don't even use thread!! They have multiple needles that pretty
much tangle (though prettily so) the embellishments (wool roving, yarns,
etc) into the fabric - so it becomes a part of the fabric rather than just
sittin' on top of the fabric!

I think they're neat and I'd not turn one down if offered (free, of course,
Christmas is comin' up and I'm savin' my pennies!!) ... but I'd not actually
use it, I'm sure. I'm stuck to quiltin' with the odd shirt, or home dec item
tossed in for good measure!

Hugs!!
Connie

"Elly D" wrote in message
Hmmm.? I'm wondering too. What do you actually do with these machines

that
you can't do with an ordinary one?

Elly
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://uk.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-MS...XQ.hRDK6vEKEy7

"SewVeryCreative" ConnieATsewverycreativeDOTcom wrote in message
I'm with you, Taria ... I guess I'm just old and set in my ways ...

it's
quiltin' or nothin'!

Hugs!
Connie

"Taria" wrote in message
Can someone explain these things. Maybe I just don't
get into embellishing but is there enough need to have
a machine that does this?
Taria

Pat in Arkansas wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:42 pm, Sunny wrote:

I'm buying an embellisher. I went to pick up my machine from the
wicked witch of the west and she had was showing another customer

the
Babylock embellisher. I watched and then took a try. It's really

good.
Better than the Viking or Janome either one -- I've played a good

bit
with both. The Babylock has a better motor, good speed ... it's a
heavier and more stable machine.

Anyway, I told her all that and told her I'm dying to buy one but

just
can't cough up $400. She was so happy because the other customers

had
been listening to me talk and then they all wanted to try the

machine
and Wicked Witch and I talked about the other brands. She hadn't

tried
the competition (wouldn't you?) and I filled her in on the problems

found with both the Janome and the Viking.

Long story short, she will let me buy the machine over 12 months

with
no interest, throwing in a big bunch of gorgeous rovings.

Next week I'm going back and buying my embelllisher. Wow, I can't
breathe. I haven't told my husband and I'm not sure how to broach

the
subject. But it's only $36 a month. I can save that much by not
drinking coffee out of the house. AND I haven't bought any fabric

in
almost a month. Really. Ok, one little batch of 5 inch batik

squares
on Ebay but there wree 40 for only $3 plus $2.50 for shipping. But
that's all. And I've been in fabric stores like crazy.

Anyway, I'm going to get the embellisher. It's a beauty and I can't
wait to start putting incredible texture and "glamour" into my
projects.

You will LOVE it!! I have one and love tp play. I am about ready

quit playing and really make something!! Think I might try doing
things for the new Tablerunner group with it.

Old November 17th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

If you like to decorate fabric before or after putting it together
with other fabric, then once you use one of these little babies you
will be addicted. It's fun and the effects you can create are
limitless.

Sunny
(you can come play with mine once I get it home and then you'll want
one too)