OT... full nest again

Old July 31st 05, 03:08 AM
maryd

Default OT... full nest again

DS, DIL, and DGS should be here Monday night or Tuesday from Colorado. Pray
that I maintain a shred of sanity with a 4 yo here 24/7. g

--
Mary

Old July 31st 05, 03:15 AM
nzlstar*

a great age to start teaching the basics of quilting....colour shape design
elements.
that ought to keep both of your minds busy and in sync and establish a life
long mutual interest as well.
get some of your scraps ready all cut into appropriate sizes/shapes and let
him make up designs from those.
a never ending supply of possibilitys there i think.
we wont even mention all the things he'll learn to help him in school when
he gets there, eh.
have fun fun fun, you'll never know what hit ya, lol.
hugz,
jeanne

--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old July 31st 05, 03:30 AM
Polly Esther

How wonderful, Mary. Four has been my preferred age just forever. The 4
year-old is generally housebroken and does not drive, might not even tell
you how to drive. They giggle a lot and will think you are cool if you put
blue food coloring in the oatmeal. They are not too sophisticated to hug or
eat french fries for breakfast. We are going to have such a good time.
Polly

Old July 31st 05, 03:35 AM
maryd

He will get initiated just as the others have. g Right now I'm putting
things up and away to make room for them to put clothes, etc. in the guest
room. The walk-in closet in that room was the grandkids toy storage so will
have to find another place for those too. A little at a time. DGS will
have to learn what is ok and what is off limits.

--
Mary

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: a great age to start teaching the basics of quilting....colour shape
design
: elements.
: that ought to keep both of your minds busy and in sync and establish a
life
: long mutual interest as well.
: get some of your scraps ready all cut into appropriate sizes/shapes and
let
: him make up designs from those.
: a never ending supply of possibilitys there i think.
: we wont even mention all the things he'll learn to help him in school when
: he gets there, eh.
: have fun fun fun, you'll never know what hit ya, lol.
: hugz,
: jeanne
:
: --

Old July 31st 05, 03:37 AM
maryd

LOL..... never did the food coloring in oatmeal but might if they are here
when the weather turns cool. Wish I could be here for the first week they
are but work comes first.

--
Mary

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
: How wonderful, Mary. Four has been my preferred age just forever. The 4
: year-old is generally housebroken and does not drive, might not even tell
: you how to drive. They giggle a lot and will think you are cool if you
put
: blue food coloring in the oatmeal. They are not too sophisticated to hug
or
: eat french fries for breakfast. We are going to have such a good time.
: Polly
:
: "maryd" wrote in message
: ...
: DS, DIL, and DGS should be here Monday night or Tuesday from Colorado.
: Pray
: that I maintain a shred of sanity with a 4 yo here 24/7. g
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
:
:
:

Old July 31st 05, 01:12 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Bless you! It will be fun and frantic, I'm sure. GL to your DS and DDIL,
hope everything works out for them and that you get your house back toot
sweet. Sending calm thoughts from Tucson!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old July 31st 05, 01:57 PM
Debi Matlack

Chaotic but fun, I envision. Very good luck to your and all you family,
Mary.
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old July 31st 05, 02:07 PM
Queen of Squishies

Maintain firmly a place in your home you can go to, and only you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 31st 05, 04:28 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"maryd" wrote:

DS, DIL, and DGS should be here Monday night or Tuesday from Colorado. Pray
that I maintain a shred of sanity with a 4 yo here 24/7. g

My prayers are coming your way, Mary! I know I'm no longer in
24/7-childcare mode, either.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1