shop closure alert!!!!

Old February 18th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
gw

Default shop closure alert!!!!

The Yarn Barn of San Antonio is closing on the 15th April, as they
lost their lease. So far it looks like no one will buy the store
either, so it's going to be gone.

The thing is that the Yarn Barn has become pretty well known in the
Southwest as the go-to store for old and used publications, you know,
the ones from thirty years or so ago you can't find anymore, they
could have it..

The prices aren't all that unreal, either.
Not a lot of yarn, but I have been getting a good deal on some needles
for knitting, etc. but the books and magazines! I wish I could tell
you about them.

She has an online site, and you could write as right now she has
several boxes on really big discounts, I bought a french book on Haute
Couture embroidery for half off,.. of course, it's in French! but who
cares- the pictures are gorgeous.

But if you live in the area, and you are making a trip to San Antonio
anyway, you may really want to make a visit to the store. Not just
knitting, or crochet, but needlework of all kinds, too.

Yarn Barn
4300 Mccullough Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
(210) 826-3679
http://www.yarnbarnsa.com

gw
Old February 19th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Julie K. Eitze

"gw" wrote in message
[...]

Oh No!!!! I really like that shop. They had the most beautiful hand painted
canvases to needlepoint. I only cross stitch but I loved looking at the
other stuff! I may go check this out soon. Thanks for sharing.

Julie in Hondo (Just west of S.A.)

Old February 19th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
gw

I just didn't want them to go out with out some sort of
attention....they are too good a shop for that. gw