Crochet Nylon

Old April 3rd 04, 10:04 PM
LLWeisse

Default Crochet Nylon

I recently picked up two skeins of a yarn/thread equivalent to J & P Coats
Crochet Nylon. Does anyone know of purse patterns using this yarn? I do
already have the small one skein bag patterns. Also, I both knit and
crochet.

Old April 3rd 04, 10:13 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:04:43 -0600, LLWeisse wrote:

I recently picked up two skeins of a yarn/thread equivalent to J & P Coats
Crochet Nylon. Does anyone know of purse patterns using this yarn? I do
already have the small one skein bag patterns. Also, I both knit and
crochet.

I don't have a pattern... my mom taught me how do do a crochet shellstitch
purse ages ago... but we've never 'had' a pattern as far as I know....
I can dig it out of my drawer and see if I can make you one (a pattern, I
mean, giggle.... I mean, I'd LOVE to make you a purse... I'd love to make
ALL my friends here 'something'... but, alas... I simply can't!)
Noreen
CraftersLink Vendor # 25841 (yippee!)

--
http://www.hostultra.com/~knitche
http://www.sharemation.com/knitche

http://www.mblog.com/noreens_knitche
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings
http://www.freejournal.net/journalle..._user1984.html

change n e t to c o m to email me.
Old April 3rd 04, 10:17 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:13:03 -0600, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:.

I don't have a pattern... my mom taught me how do do a crochet shellstitch
purse ages ago... but we've never 'had' a pattern as far as I know....
I can dig it out of my drawer and see if I can make you one (a pattern, I
mean, giggle.... I mean, I'd LOVE to make you a purse... I'd love to make
ALL my friends here 'something'... but, alas... I simply can't!)
Noreen
CraftersLink Vendor # 25841 (yippee!)

Two quick clarifications... the crochet shellstitch purse IS done with
Nylon yarn, and OMG, they WEAR like IRON!
second clarification, in my own excitement to note my Vendor #, I got the
derned name wrong... its CraftLister Vendor, yeeeeesh.

Old April 4th 04, 02:56 AM
LLWeisse

A bit more info: I have 400grams of this nylon in a terra cotta color, and
it goes by the name of la espiga and by (I think) brand name hilos. As far
as I can tell, though, it is identical to crochet nylon

Old April 4th 04, 09:07 AM
Anna MCM

LLWeisse wrote:
I recently picked up two skeins of a yarn/thread equivalent to J & P Co=

ats
Crochet Nylon. Does anyone know of purse patterns using this yarn? I =

do
already have the small one skein bag patterns. Also, I both knit and
crochet.
=20

Hi!

I don=B4t know the yarn you bought, but I can give you a site for a=20
crochet pattern:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/C...3606/bags.html

Scroll down to free patterns and click on change purses.
I made the one with a button in double strain nylon yarn and it come out =

astonishing! By the way, I used pre-Euro European coins to make the=20
button LOL
It can be adapted for a bigger purse.

Just a little disclaimer: the site is very lovely but it has a very=20
narrow band, so it=B4s better not to keep it opened for a long time,=20
otherwise other people has to wait for a hour before it can be=20
accessible again (hope I explained it correctly).

Good luck!

Anna Maria