Seabury Socks results

Old January 4th 04, 03:35 PM
Sorceress

Default Seabury Socks results

I made a test sock out of that pattern this week and was amazed at how fast
and easily it worked up. It would have gone even faster if I hadn't fiddled
around practising my cables on the top of the foot (thus requiring several
rip outs). However, it took me half as long to seam the darned thing together
as it did to knit it. Bleh. I didn't even finish the heel seam, by the time I
got there I was tired of seaming.

So I decided I'm going to make the second test sock differently, but based on
the original pattern. I'm going to do the ribbing in the round, put half on a
holder, then down the top of the foot to the toe. My idea is then to do the
bottom of the sock, and knit the edges together with the top as I go. The
same for the heel until it's ready to knit together with the ribbing at the
bottom of the cuff.

I'm hoping this will be a good compromise between speed, ease, and lack of
seaming!
--
Regards
--Anne

Blogging to be found at http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/musings.html

Remove DIESPAMBOTDIE to e-mail
Old January 4th 04, 04:59 PM
Slinky

Have a look at Elizabeth Zimmerman's resolable (is that a word?
resole-able maybe?) socks, or moccasin socks. Sounds like you're
unventing them

Old January 4th 04, 04:59 PM
Slinky

Oh, another option is to knit the cuff flat, join it for the last few
rounds, do the foot in the round and then sew up the cuff. Yet
another compromise method.

Old January 4th 04, 05:49 PM
Sorceress

Slinky opined thusly:

Have a look at Elizabeth Zimmerman's resolable (is that a word?
resole-able maybe?) socks, or moccasin socks. Sounds like you're
unventing them

LOL. I'll go hunt that up.

But what I really want to try soon is doing two at once on 2 sets of circular
(?) needles. I'll just have to remember the ski goggles so I don't put an eye
out with all the flailing needle points.

Old January 4th 04, 08:02 PM
JJMolvik

Go for 2 on one circular!!!! Less flailing points.

JJMolvik

Seabury socks MakeDoMom Yarn 13 December 28th 03 04:38 PM
socks for preschooler? enigma Yarn 7 December 11th 03 08:09 PM
Socks bug hit here :-))) Anna MCM Yarn 9 November 27th 03 03:21 PM
Yarn odor CHEX Yarn 33 November 14th 03 06:48 PM