Owl Teacosy pattern in crochet wanted

Old July 5th 06, 12:05 PM
KiwiDeb KiwiDeb is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Owl Teacosy pattern in crochet wanted

I'm new here, and am here in desperate need of help. Our family had a teacosy that was crocheted in the shape of an owl, he had two big crocheted circles for eyes, and a very textured body. To cut a long and painful story short, the cosy has been badly damaged, my parents are devastated as it was made by my great-grandmother towards the end of her life. I know I can't replace it exactly, but I'd like to make a replacement, but can't find a pattern. If anyone could supply me with one, I'd be very grateful indeed.
Old July 5th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Owl Teacosy pattern in crochet wanted

Hi KiwiDeb & Welcome to the group!

I found a picture on this blog that matches your description.

http://j9campcalcium.blogspot.com/20...-in-perth.html

Do you think you could make up a pattern using this picture as a guide?
It's about the only thing I could find at a quick glance. The body
looks like some kind of shell stitch that is decreased around the head,
and the eyes look like they are several rows of double crochet in the
round. I can't see the back, but maybe you could figure it out.

Good luck,

Hesira

Old July 5th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , KiwiDeb
wrote:

I'm new here, and am here in desperate need of help. Our family had

ateacosy that was crocheted in the shape of an owl, he had two
bigcrocheted circles for eyes, and a very textured body. To cut a longand
painful story short, the cosy has been badly damaged, my parentsare
devastated as it was made by my great-grandmother towards the endof her
life. I know I can't replace it exactly, but I'd like to make
areplacement, but can't find a pattern. If anyone could supply me
withone, I'd be very grateful indeed.-- KiwiDeb

Go have a look at this blog, in the middle of a row if pictures is indeed
an Owl tea cozy. I am sure there must be a pattern somehwere.

Good luck

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 6th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

In message .com,
hesira writes

Hi KiwiDeb & Welcome to the group!

I found a picture on this blog that matches your description.

http://j9campcalcium.blogspot.com/20...-in-perth.html

Do you think you could make up a pattern using this picture as a guide?
It's about the only thing I could find at a quick glance. The body
looks like some kind of shell stitch that is decreased around the head,
and the eyes look like they are several rows of double crochet in the
round. I can't see the back, but maybe you could figure it out.

Good luck,

Hesira

I have had the pattern for that tea cosy. I made it about 17 years ago
in a grey mingled mohair. I have got some eyes done somewhere but never
got around to making the body a second time..
Unfortunately I cannot find the pattern because I had a massive clear
out last year to re-organise my craft room.
However the friend who taught me to crochet gave me the pattern and she
may still have it.
I will email her and see if she does have it and will get it. It was
just on one page of A4.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old July 7th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cats

Would the pattern for this be any help?
http://tinyurl.com/fpnxa

email me if it's a help.
--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Shirley Shone" wrote in
message ...
: In message
.com,
: hesira writes
:
[...]

: --
: Shirley Shone
:
:
http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Old July 7th 06, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jessie

Hi there, I LOVE the cozy. I'm not the original poster but may I have the
pattern?

Jessie in GA-US

Old July 7th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cats

Replied privately

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Jessie" wrote in message
: Hi there, I LOVE the cozy. I'm not the original poster but
may I have the
: pattern?
:
: Jessie in GA-US
:
: ...

Old September 16th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
cozyhomelife

Do you still have the damaged owl tea cosy? Maybe you can follow it like a
pattern?

--
-Cozy

http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blog...g=cozy_at_home

Happiness doesn't come from having things, it comes from *having things you
can find*

Old September 16th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

i have an ancient pattern of a Doll Owl , in cochet ,
the Paton patten cost 4/- [20 p] , i don`t think many of you remember
what it means i forgot , it was Before UK went decimal .
mirjam

Old November 17th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
poprulez

poprulez had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Re-Owl-...nted-1524-.htm
:
Hello all
My Mother is looking for the very same pattern of the Owl Tea Cosy
shown in the picture here
http://tinyurl.com/fpnxa

got my fingers crossed someone has it still

Cheers
Poppy

"Cats" wrote in message
Would the pattern for this be any help?
http://tinyurl.com/fpnxa
email me if it's a help.
Cheryl & the Cats

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 25215 messages and counting!