RCTQ BOM - April Applique Block ( yelp)

Old October 14th 05, 01:08 AM
Christina in Ok

Default RCTQ BOM - April Applique Block ( yelp)

I am now into Aprils Appliqué block, and I am confuted on how to cut it out.
I have no idea how to do this one, and I know there is a lot more just like
this one.. please help

--
Christina Hilburn
Web Site: http://gardenbreeze.us

Old October 14th 05, 01:27 AM
Sally Swindells

Its really just the same as the earlier ones except that you have to
draw each piece separately and then assemble so they overlap.

I traced each bit separately onto freezer paper - 4 flower shapes, 4
discs for the flower centres, and however many leaves there are, and
cut them out.

Then ironed them onto the back of the appropriate fabric. Then I cut
them out with an allowance of slightly less than 1/4". Then turned
the edges over, just the same as the Feb and March blocks.

When all the pieces are prepared (the flower centres are a bit fiddly
- I think I gathered them up round the edge and pulled the thread
until it fitted round the freezer paper, ironed them, and then removed
the paper before I sewed them on).

I put the paper pattern I'd printed off under the backing fabric to
place the applique bits in the right places and pinned them (flowers
first). When the flowers and centres were all stitched, I did the same
again and positioned the leaves.

Hope this helps.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswinOn Thu, 13 Oct 2005

Old October 14th 05, 03:33 AM
Polly Esther

Well, way to go, Sally. I could have said it almost as well in 50,000 words
or more. Atta girl. Nicely done. Polly

"Sally Swindells" wrote

Old October 14th 05, 01:28 PM
Christina in Ok

Aprils block is going to take time, ( ok two days) my hands are cramping
trying to do all the leaves
My hats off to everyone who has already done the leaves.