refugees in TX

Old October 9th 05, 05:40 PM
DrQuilter

what amazes me is that you are obviously so young at heart and full of
life!

Polly Esther wrote:

Oh my yes, our youngest daughter has five grandchildren. And I don't tell
my age. If I did, they'd make me get a walker with bumper padding; might
even think I should give up skydiving and my Harley. Polly

"DrQuilter" wrote in message

wait.. how old are you again Polly????? Your DAUGHTER has 5
grandchildren????

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old October 9th 05, 05:48 PM
DrQuilter

don't talk to me about harleys. I have no problems with them in general,
except that one of my new neighbours bought one after his wife left him
and revs the engine in the driveway by our house that leads to a cul de
sac with 4 houses. looks like another neighbour complained about him,
and I heard he lost his job as a city house inspector over this.
looks like now he revs the engine on purpose in said driveway everytime
he goes in and out (eveninigs and weekends, ergo when we are here) to
annoy the other guy but in the process freaks the heck out of Sofi, who
is not easily scared except by loud noises like the vacuum or the lawn
mower...
Queen of Squishies wrote:

Oh just let them TRY to take your Harley! That would be a lost cause, I can
tell you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old October 9th 05, 05:50 PM
DrQuilter

see, I have a distorted view. my grandma was 36 when she had my dad, and
I was 35 when I had sofi. so my mom was a grandma at 60...

Dee in Oz wrote:

Well I think you must only be about 65 Polly...

Mum at 20
grandma at 40
g grandma at 60, 61, 62, 63, 64

so your not really 'old' yet ( sound fair to me anyway)

Dee in Oz

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old October 9th 05, 07:32 PM
Bonnie Patterson

My maternal Gradma was old at 35 (her age when I was born). My Mother
was young at 68 when she passed away. I sure don't feel 62, maybe 42
but not 62.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 04:12:25 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Well, now. hard to believe that my age is the least bit interesting to
anyone. But - I am old enough to realize that lots of thing really don't
matter; some things matter very much . . . and I am always searching to know
which is which. Polly

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
.. .
On 7 Oct 2005 22:22:03 -0700, "Dee in Oz"
wrote:

Well I think you must only be about 65 Polly...

Mum at 20
grandma at 40
g grandma at 60, 61, 62, 63, 64

so your not really 'old' yet ( sound fair to me anyway)

Dee in Oz

DH has a cousin who is a greatgrandma and she's not yet 60 -
mother at 17, grandmother at 34, great grandmother at 55.

They seem to be a long lived family so she has time for two more
greats!

And there we are, older than her and still hoping for Grandchildren!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 9th 05, 09:36 PM
Queen of Squishies

Oh, poor Sofi. Some people are just not happy unless they are making other
people miserable.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 9th 05, 09:58 PM
Carey N.

QOS, Among the various motorcycles in my yard, there is an older (1981, I
think) Harley that sits right outside the back door. When my other half
wants to ride it, he does tend to rev it a bit, apparently so that the
engine doesn't stall while it warms up. It always seems like it takes a
longer time than it really does, due to the loudness of the pipes.
(Wouldn't sound as loud if the pipes were designed differently, as evidenced
by some of the older British motorcycles in my yard.) Maybe if you
mentioned to your neighbor that the sound scares Sofi, he might move the
bike towards the end of the driveway? They do have to warm up a bit, but
I've never thought that high revs were good for a bike, anyway, the same way
it isn't good to high rev a car engine. Just a thought.
--
Carey in MA

Old October 10th 05, 04:52 PM
Roberta Zollner

You ought to introduce him to Sofi, who is cute enough to melt anybody's
heart, and casually mention how startled she is by loud noises.
Roberta in D

Old October 14th 05, 03:45 PM
DrQuilter

the bike is at the end of the driveway, and he revs it as he goes by, in
either direction, so I dont think he is trying to warm it up. havent met
this guy yet, just see him go by in his helmet.... so it is kind of
weird to bring it up...