EQ5 importing fabric pics

Old October 6th 05, 06:30 PM
frood

Default EQ5 importing fabric pics

Ok, I tried to figure it out on my own, even googled for instructions. But,
I can't figure it out. I have a BMP file of a fabric pic I want to use in an
EQ5 project. The file is saved on my computer. How do I get it into EQ5 so I
can use it??

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old October 6th 05, 07:47 PM
frood

Tried that. Clicked on Open, and the fabric appeared. Clicked copy. It
dissappeared. I can't find where it copied it to so I can use it.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Jan" wrote in message
ink.net...

To add scanned fabrics to your project
Choose Fabric Library from the Libraries menu.
Click the Import button. The Import Fabrics dialog box will appear. Find
the folder containing the BMP file.
Click Open. This will open the folder.
Click on the BMP file you want to import. You can select multiple BMPs by
holding down the Ctrl key as you click on each BMP you want. The filename
(s) will appear in the Filename box.
Click Open. Sample swatches of the BMPs will appear in the Fabric Library
dialog.
Click on the fabric you want to add, to focus it.
Click Copy. Continue to copy as many fabrics as you want.
Click Close to close the Fabric Library dialog.
The fabrics will appear

From the help section of eq 5....

Jan

"frood" wrote in
om:

Old October 6th 05, 09:38 PM
Anne in CA

Should be copied to the sketchbook of your current project. Check the
fabrics tab and see it the one you scanned is at the very end.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 6th 05, 09:40 PM
frood

Ok, I did find it there, but how do I get it to where I could use it in
other projects? I have a lot of this fabric... ;-)

Old October 6th 05, 09:50 PM
Anne in CA

You need to save it in a User Library if you want it available for other
projects. If you can't find directions to do that, c'mon back and I'll
try to write something coherent ;-)

Also -- blatant pitch for Cheryl & Jeanne's Yahoo group -- check out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/virtual_swaps_EQ5/join
for a forum for EQ5 using RCTQ members. TANN*

*Totally Affiliated, nyah nyah :-^

Old October 6th 05, 10:12 PM
frood

Thanks!

Old October 13th 05, 01:55 PM
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:47:25 -0500, frood wrote
(in article ) :

Tried that. Clicked on Open, and the fabric appeared. Clicked copy. It
dissappeared. I can't find where it copied it to so I can use it.

It copies it to the sketchbook for your project. Scroll all the way to the
end.

Punch Needle Embroidery lula Needlework 48 October 6th 04 03:33 PM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Step 1 Atom1 Sewing 29 August 30th 04 07:10 AM
Fabric collections for sale on Ebay Kristi M. Sewing 17 February 21st 04 05:34 PM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM