Happy New Year

Old December 31st 05, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Happy New Year

I hope that I can yell loud enough so those that are the farthest
away can hear me HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

ok,now that I got that out of the way and my lungs cleared out I

can chat a bit....
We had a very quiet Christmas. The snow fell lightly and the

music soothed the troubled soul (poetic,huh). The beautiful fiber
optic tree glimmered brightly in the picture window and the strings
of lights in the yard all offered the climax of the holiday season
(and the promise of an outrageous electric bill).
The presents all wrapped in shiney holiday paper and envelopes

stuck in the tree with promises of that almighty dollar that buys
everything we want and nothing we need (gift cards this year).
The arrival of a son with a 'girl that is a friend' and more than

likely soon to be an 'ex-girlfriend'..... 2 daughters, a son-in-law
and 2 grandsons that are calling on that (#@!&) phone singing
praises for their gifts of joy. Altho the holidays are for families
to gather near and dear to us- some are better spent apart (no
fighting).
My grandson Ethan is the smartest of all as he found his grammy

the most beautiful fq's in the world- Robert Kaufmans 'Florentine
collection'. Next on my favorites list is my dear husband Dave who
gave me a boxed calender set of quilting patterns (altho I have
bookcases full of books that I have never even opened yet) and also
a promise of a shopping spree at my favorite quiltshop (altho I shop
without his permission anyways). My son Scott took a deep breath
and entered Joann Fabrics and got me a magazine and a gift
certificate and was out the door before he exhaled. My oldest
daughter Brooke- who totally understands that in 3 weeks that my
sewing room is going to turn into a bedroom for her and my grandson-
gave me gift certificates to Walmart to get storage
containers....and after their new house is built- she can borrow
them.
Amazing that this time of giving and getting is so traumatic-

maybe that is why it only happens once a year? As a small child I
remember that we were so excited as we opened the one gift that we
received. The giddy feeling of excitement that we were about
to 'own' something that had been a dream for a year or more.... a
certain doll, a book or maybe even a watch! The simple life had so
much more meaning and I believe it was appreciated so much more.
I learned along time ago not to make resolutions on the doorstep

of another year. At this time in my life I have greater hopes that
I have no control over and must learn that I need to live each day
as the Lord provides them for me. I have blessings of a happy and
healthy familI hope that I can yell loud enough so those that are the
[...]

healthy family, a mother that is more brave and accepting than I
am... dying of colon cancer.
I want to thank you all for lifting me up and encouraging me

during the time that I was hurting so bad and finally got my new
knee- all the phone calls and cards (and squishies) and all the
emails.
OK-so I rambled..... Take care everyone and have a blessed New

Year..........HUGS-Lisa
y, a mother that is more brave and accepting than I
am... dying of colon cancer.
I want to thank you all for lifting me up and encouraging me

during the time that I was hurting so bad and finally got my new
knee- all the phone calls and cards (and squishies) and all the
emails.
OK-so I rambled..... Take care everyone and have a blessed New

Year..........HUGS-Lisa,queen of freebies

Happy New Year! And new ebay items ;-) marilyn safier Marketplace 0 January 2nd 05 06:07 AM
Happy New Year Stella Fenley Yarn 1 January 1st 05 08:01 PM
Happy New Year All Saphira D Eragon Needlework 0 January 1st 05 07:23 AM
happy new year Nadine Quilting 6 December 31st 04 10:30 PM