looking for kiln

Old April 13th 05, 12:31 PM
Sonya Ledet

Default looking for kiln

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any Ideas on
where to look?

Old April 13th 05, 02:17 PM
Pete Snell

Sonya Ledet wrote:

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any Ideas on
where to look?

Hi Sonya

It would be helpful to know what type of kiln you are looking for, as
well as what part of the world you are in.

Pete

--
__
Pete Snell

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw
Old April 13th 05, 03:34 PM
Sonya Ledet

Thanks Pete,

I am in North Carolina. I want a medium size electric kiln to use at home.
nk.net...

Old April 13th 05, 04:31 PM
Pete Snell

Sonya Ledet wrote:

Thanks Pete,

I am in North Carolina. I want a medium size electric kiln to use at home.
"Sonya Ledet" wrote in message
nk.net...

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any Ideas

on

where to look?

Gee Whiz! North Carolina? How far are you from Seagrove? If it's not
too far I would go and poke around a few of the many potter's shops
there, and see if you can get any leads. There are many, many potters an
that area.

Pete (who has a Sister in Charlotte)

--
__
Pete Snell
Royal Military College
Kingston Ontario

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See
http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----
Old April 13th 05, 10:23 PM
annemarie

"Pete Snell" wrote in message
Sonya Ledet wrote:

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any Ideas
on
where to look?

Hi Sonya

It would be helpful to know what type of kiln you are looking for, as well
as what part of the world you are in.

Pete

Thanks Pete, it always astounds me when people post questions like this. I
guess they forget that the internet is truely international. )
Annemarie in New Zealand.

Old April 14th 05, 12:23 AM
Sonya Ledet

Anniemarie ---
While I'm sure you meant no insult to me, These "PEOPLE" and "THEY" do have
names. Also WE are reading your comments. First time on a news group for
me ---- What's Your Excuse? Seems you have forgotten it is also personal.
: )

Old April 14th 05, 01:18 AM
Russell Andavall

Dear Sonya:
The people on this group are an international bunch who are tired of
Americans always assuming that they are the only people in the world and
that the news groups are just in their neck of the woods... They are a
very helpful bunch of people who discuss pottery problems and solutions
from firing techniques, material substitution, glaze and clay formulas.
You are insulting them with this post. In spite of that they have given
you an answer.... You might try eBay for kilns or equipment as well and
limit the mileage to your local area for personal pickup. Craig's list
is another useful tool to finding just about anything. I am sure that
there is someone selling a kiln from an estate sale or divorce that
would love to get rid of it so they can park in the garage again...
Russ Andavall
www.firegodarts.com

Old April 14th 05, 03:11 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Get a grip Russel!

Sonya said nothing insulting or disrespectful.

--
Lee in Mashiko, Japan http://mashiko.org
http://hankos.blogspot.com/ Visual Bookmarks

"We can make our minds
so like still water
that beings gather about us
that they may see,...
....their own images, and so live for a moment with a clearer,
perhaps even with a fiercer life
because of our quiet." -- W. B. Yeats

Old April 14th 05, 12:20 PM
tjnamtiw

Another possibility would be to call up Olympic kilns and see if they have
any customer returns or display models. I got one from them that is brand
new but is supposed to be a return. I saved about $500. They are in North
Georgia near Lake Lanier.

Take a vacation and go pick up a kiln at the same time.
PS: Don't worry about comments like the fools above wrote.

Tom
"

Old April 14th 05, 03:08 PM

we get a weekly newspaper (free) for the area called the "pennysaver".

i see electric kilns in there every 4 to 6 weeks. typically $250 to
$300. usually Cress or Duncan, the 24" sizes.

your area may have one of these comunity papers as well.

see ya

steve