Been quiet for a while

Old April 26th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Been quiet for a while

Just thought I'd check in and give an update on my activities. Work has
been a bear lately, long hours make for long days. Getting home between 8
and 9pm leaves me too exhausted for much of anything. I leave for work at
6:30am with a one hour commute each way - now longer having to wait for gas
at some spots. In addition, DGS has been sick with one very long night
spent in the ER trying to lower a high fever. He ended up with a double ear
infection and a severe upper respiratory infection. So, spare time was
spent trying to help DD with him. Then my mom decided it was time to stir
the pot and went on a rampage over a medication she was given for a bout of
the gout. Mind you, she is in Florida, I am in NJ. The meds she was
furious over were high dose pain killers that her caregiver would not let
her have in the house. She wanted the entire bottle, her caregiver is
supposed to dispense the meds as needed. Mom was really upset because the
caregiver was a bit late picking her up for a shopping trip and that
snowballed into an entire control issue. Then my mom decided that my sister
was to blame for it all and let her have it over the phone. My poor sister
was so upset, and rightly so since she was not involved in any way with this
situation, but she is the oldest and mom needed someone to vent on. Finally
got that straightened out - let mom have it for upsetting the tea cart and
she finally settled down and apologized to my sister. Caregiver is now
dispensing meds again as normal and the best part - mom didn't even want the
pain meds, didn't need them, had no pain! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!

But my biggest worry right now is my DH. He has been battling another bout
of diverticulitis. I am home today to take him to the doctors for yet
another colonoscopy. This is his third major episode so it could mean
surgery this time. I am really worried about him. So, I have been spending
what time and sanity I have left with him. I have not done much quilting
lately to say the least, but hope to get my 2005-2006 BOM finished so I can
send in the pix - not worried about the voting , I just want to get one
thing finished - anything will do at this point in time.

I have been reading the group during the early morning hours when I can't
sleep but didn't have the energy to get engaged in conversation. Prayers
have been said, oohs and aahs have been muttered, and a happy dance done
when needed. So, I am lurking for a bit until my life settles down a bit.
Keep your fingers crossed that my DH's test turns out ok today. I will keep
you posted on how he is doing.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old April 26th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Alice,
Got fingers, toes, everything crossed for you and DH. Prayers are on
the way as well. I hope this does not come across as insulting - it is
not intended to be. But I see that I am not the only one with a
'challenging' mother! The stories I could tell - and they'd be true!
DeNise

Old April 26th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Prayers and hugs are with you from our house Alice.
--
Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

. ..

Old April 26th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sorry to hear about all this misfortune, Alice. So worrying for you.
If surgery is decided upon for your DH, I hope it all goes well and the
recovery isn't too uncomfortable and restricting.
Take care of yourself; being the only 'well' one is very demanding and
exhausting.
Thanks for taking the time to pop in and let us know of the situation.
..
In message , AliceW
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old April 26th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks for checking in Alice. I was sondering about you. Boy, you have
gotten it every which way. Hope things improve from here. I'll keep
you and your dh in my thoughts and prayers. Worrying over aq loved one
is pretty stressful in itself. Hope the drs. can get him fixed all up
and he will be doing better soon.
HUgs, TAria

Old April 26th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good grief, Alice. Your trials bring to mind the quote, "Other than that,
Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?" Polly

Old April 26th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, it's a good thing I have a small family - I couldn't handle another
family issue right now! I'm in a "when it rains, it pours" kinda mode.
Hopefully, this too will pass - the quicker the better, thank you very much!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
news : Good grief, Alice. Your trials bring to mind the quote, "Other than that,
: Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?" Polly
:
:
:

quiet on the HUG front? Morag in Oxford Quilting 15 February 16th 06 12:19 AM
Its so quiet in here!!! D Curtis Quilting 13 November 14th 05 06:01 PM
it's quiet KJ Quilting 11 March 13th 05 03:10 AM
OT - I'm going to be pretty quiet for a while Jalynne Beads 26 November 22nd 04 07:37 PM
Is this list always quiet? Diana Rubberstamps 18 March 18th 04 06:32 AM