I'm giving up beading forever!!

Old April 3rd 04, 12:47 AM
Pam

you don't think? Hmnn... it wouldn't have been funny if it was true, that's
for sure. And it wouldn't have been funny if they had called me. Maybe you
had to be there to hear the contractor tell the story... he didn't think it
was funny at the time (and I'll bet firing those guys did cross his mind at
first), but he did think it was funny after he got over it. Plus maybe it
helps if you know Zoe and know she would just as soon pee on their feet in
submission than attack them...

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Okay. This isn't even remotely funny in any way. I would've fired them

on the
spot.

Wanna hear a really funny one? We are having our deck replaced and the
workers here called the head contractor guy this morning and told him

that
our dog had jumped the fence (we have a big dog who is a love but keeps
barking at these guys and sounds like she wants to eat them even though

her
tail is wagging) and that she attacked one of the guys, who then swung

his
hammer at her and what should they do - the owner wasn't home - should

they
take her to the vet (they said she was just laying there in convulsions)

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old April 3rd 04, 01:35 AM
Kaytee

In article , "JL Amerson"
writes:

The "keeping me from my houskeeping" part should have been a dead giveaway!
Come on! Is there ANYBODY who participates in RCB, even as a lurker, would
even *consider* doing housework before beading?

Only when I'm missing some beads that are suspected of hiding somewhere in a
junk pile....
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old April 3rd 04, 02:34 AM
Cheryl

Okay. This isn't even remotely funny in any way. I would've fired them on the
spot.

I agree !!
sounds just plain too mean...

I was getting sick just reading it -- cannot imagine if it had been MY dog and
someone telling me that!
Mean!!!!!

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old April 3rd 04, 02:46 AM
JL Amerson

Or in the crack where the ceramic tiles are grouted and leave a tiny space
at the woodwork. Oops - guess you all know now that I've been known to dig
those crystals out. Hey, at 12¢ (and up) a crystal - of course I'm going
after them!

Old April 3rd 04, 02:53 AM
Pam

well sorry to have made you all sick and grossed out. It's funny because
there is no way in hell it could have ever happened and yet this guy fell
for it. But I can see how the idea of it would make you uncomfortable. Oh
well.

Old April 3rd 04, 03:04 AM
JL Amerson

Pam,

The only thing that matters is that you are okay with it. Who really cares
if I didn't think it was funny? I've just about peed myself at some things
and others are sitting there with stony faces. Life is waaaaaaaaaaay too
short to give a damn about making sure that we please everyone. We'll share
other laughs together - and probably within the next few days. :-)
--
JoAnn

Obey Gravity. It's the LAW!!

Old April 3rd 04, 04:09 AM
Dr. Sooz

you don't think? Hmnn... it wouldn't have been funny if it was true, that's
for sure. And it wouldn't have been funny if they had called me.

Yeah, that's true. They called him -- which makes it not as bad. Okay, I
wouldn't have fired them! :-)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 3rd 04, 04:11 AM
Dr. Sooz

But I can see how the idea of it would make you uncomfortable.

Wellll....not uncomfortable. See, I worked for animal welfare organizations
much of my working life, and I don't think anything abut animals being hurt is
remotely funny. I've seen too many (probably in the thousands) hurt and dead
to find it even slightly amusing.

It's like making a joke about black people hanging from a tree by a rope.
Seriously offensive.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 3rd 04, 04:13 AM
Dr. Sooz

The only thing that matters is that you are okay with it. Who really cares
if I didn't think it was funny? I've just about peed myself at some things
and others are sitting there with stony faces. Life is waaaaaaaaaaay too
short to give a damn about making sure that we please everyone.

Oh, man, it's not about pleasing! It's like making a joke about voilent rape.
Would you find that funny?

Violence isn't hilarious, especially violence against defenseless animals --
even accidental violence. Injury and suffering isn't funny.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 3rd 04, 04:18 AM
JL Amerson

Okay, pleasing was the wrong word to use. I didn't think the "joke" was
fuuny but it wasn't played on me. And I'm glad it wasn't. I'm a housekeeper
for two cats and they are my children - I don't find violence on animals
amusing but it still comes back to the fact that *I* wasn't the person
"pranked". (My friends know better than to even kid about hurting my cats.)
And the OP *was* okay with the joke.