some new wire bracelets

Old March 5th 04, 06:57 PM
ally

In article , Beadbimbo
writes
I tried this bracelet from one of the backordered WAJ magazines:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/brace2.jpg

I really like the way the ends are finished, instead of folding the wire
over. Then I wanted to try it with one of my beads, but my bead wasn't
quite sqaure. It came out ok, but I'd like to try it again with a better
bead:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/pbrace1.jpg

Thats just lovely.
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old March 5th 04, 07:30 PM
Beadbimbo

It was funny, going back for the 2nd class, everyone thought I was the star
student. Ha. Ha. Nope! I hated to admit that I'd taken the class before,
but then I found out lots of people do that, especially at the Holland
School, because different teachers teach different things. I'll be going
back to take Wire II again this year (2nd time).

I feel sorry for the people who think, "I just don't get it." and give up!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Yeah, I'm a great believer in taking the first class as many times as

feels
right.

Tina

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Mj,

That's how I felt after my first class. I think I'm remedial. After

the
2nd wire class, I was a lot more comfortable with wire.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old March 5th 04, 08:23 PM
Debbie B

Jerri,
You give me hope.

Thanks so much.

Hugs,

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Mj,

That's how I felt after my first class. I think I'm remedial.

After
the
2nd wire class, I was a lot more comfortable with wire.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

---

Old March 5th 04, 09:03 PM
Beadbimbo

I think a lot of this depends on attitude and upbringing. My parents were
strict and any grade below a C was not acceptable, and most of the time, a C
wasn't acceptable. If we made below a C, we were grounded until the next
report card. I never did, but I think I sweated blood over some of those
Cs. I had a lot of trouble with Algebra and Geometry. As a result, you
didn't need Algebra II or Chemistry to graduate high school. I was so
afraid of failing, that I didn't take them. Of course, when I was in
nursing school, I wished I had!

I know my parents were from the generation that believed hard work would
solve everything, so I can't blame them. They thought if your grades
weren't good, you just weren't trying. It never occurred to them that you
just didn't get something. I guess it's taught me that if my own DD has
trouble with something, I'll get a tutor, or whatever I have to do to help
her understand it, not just pass a test.

I think once you're past 30 or so, you get a lot more relaxed too. If I try
something and fail, I can either go on or try again. Either way, it's no
big deal. AND.......... I was the WORST one in my first bead class. This
teacher looked at me all the time with that, "You are so stupid." look.
Lol. I'm glad I persevered!

Well, I guess I got a little chatty.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Jerri,
You give me hope.

Thanks so much.

Hugs,

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

Old March 5th 04, 09:36 PM
Karin Cernik

Well, I just don't get it, but I haven't given up yet. :-) Have
accumulated too much wire, and too many books, for one thing. But I
must confess, that wire and I are still not getting along very well...

Karin
your ring is gorgeous, as is all your work. :-)

Old March 5th 04, 09:56 PM
Christina Peterson

But, oh so right. And so positive. Lots of people put importance on the
speed of learning. Learning thoroughly and with joy is what really matters.

Tina

Old March 5th 04, 11:08 PM
Beadbimbo

Just hang in there! Take a class, or another class if you already have.
I'm very visual. I do a lot better if I can watch someone. When I took my
2nd class, it was like all of a sudden I "got it". Most of the things we
made, because I was a little ahead of the other beginners, I made three of.
If I didn't finish, I'd take it up to my room and finish, or finish the next
day, between pieces. I found that if I did something three times, I really
"got it".
--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old March 6th 04, 12:51 AM
scaperchick

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:08:33 -0500, "Beadbimbo"
wrote:

I found that if I did something three times, I really
"got it".

Same here! In fact, it has been an important life lesson for me to
learn, that the first two times I do something new I'm going to
******** it up - and that's *okay*.

Great work, btw! It's been very cool to see your wirework get better
and better over the last year.
Old March 6th 04, 03:29 AM
Dr. Sooz

Well, I just don't get it, but I haven't given up yet. :-)
~Karin
Just hang in there! Take a class, or another class if you already have.

~Jerri

Yeah -- it will suddenly click. That's what did it for me -- perseverance.
Not that I do much wire work, at all -- but the little I do suddenly clicked
one day, even though I'd been feeling like I was losing my mind over it.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 8th 04, 03:22 PM
Karin Cernik

No classes around here, but maybe someday I'll find one. Thanks for the
encouragement! :-)

I can at least make S clasps reasonably proficiently at this point...

Karin

Beadbimbo wrote:

[...]

more landscapes and wire bracelets Beadbimbo Beads 23 January 6th 04 03:48 AM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
stringing wire Tim hartney Beads 3 October 1st 03 12:48 PM
Wire Wrapping instead of jumprings...funny tools April H. Beads 13 September 12th 03 06:14 PM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM