new wire rings!

Old February 10th 04, 01:04 PM
Harry

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:47:45 -0500, "Beadbimbo" wrote:

Thanks Harry! If it's something you want to learn, check out
www.lapidaryschool.org If you can go down to Ga. for a week, you can take
a week long class for $250 including room and board. (Class supplies are
extra, and it depends on what you take.) I've been there 3 times and plan
on going again this summer. It's a great place.

I see it is located on the Tenn and Georgia State lines.
I lived in GA for 6 years and I might be able to stya with some friends
and commute to the classes. I just may go and do this if and when
I get the money and time. Thank you for this link and I am going to check
in on it. I really do love wire wrapping and this place has so much more
that you can learn and do.
Just re-read your post... don't need friends to stay with.. the price includes
room and board! WOW! Do they have a pool? lol Been wanting to go back
to GA for sometime now... I think I may!

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old February 10th 04, 01:28 PM
Beadbimbo

Hi Harry,

Where did you live in Ga? I'm about 50 minutes NE of Atlanta, and about 2
hours from Young Harris, so the Holland School is great for me! Actually,
the school is closer to the N.C. border than to the Tn. border.

Accomodations are basic. Two beds to a room with one bathroom. The food is
cafeteria style, but there's plenty. There's also a much more expensive
school close by called the John Campbell School. I love to go and look at
their gift shop, and they invite you to walk through the school and observe
the classes, so that's a lot of fun.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

news

Old February 10th 04, 02:07 PM
Harry

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:28:17 -0500, "Beadbimbo" wrote:

Hi Harry,

Where did you live in Ga? I'm about 50 minutes NE of Atlanta, and about 2
hours from Young Harris, so the Holland School is great for me! Actually,
the school is closer to the N.C. border than to the Tn. border.

Accomodations are basic. Two beds to a room with one bathroom. The food is
cafeteria style, but there's plenty. There's also a much more expensive
school close by called the John Campbell School. I love to go and look at
their gift shop, and they invite you to walk through the school and observe
the classes, so that's a lot of fun.

I have lived in Hapeville and Smyrna. Hapeville is just south of Atlanta and
Smyrna is to the NW of Atlanta. I use to work at Ford in Hapeville, which
they try and say is Atlanta. lol Been to Stone Mountain? Love it there!

The accomodations sound great to me... don't think I would need more than
1 bathroom. lol As long as there is food and it's included... I am happy. lol
Dining out is very expensive and that would save a ton of money to be used
for sightseeing and visiting. I think this sounds like it would be a good learning
vacation for me to do.

Old February 10th 04, 05:21 PM
scaperchick

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:20:11 -0500, "Beadbimbo"
wrote:

I'm so excited! I got a few back issues of the WAJ magazine today. I just
had to try something tonight, so went with this wire ring:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/wirering2.jpg

Oooh, they're both gorgeous!
Old February 10th 04, 06:13 PM
KDK

I highly recommend the school also. Last year I took glass bead making, and
PMC I (at wildacres - a similar type school) and PMC II and Holland.

I plan on going again this year - just haven't decided what I want to take!!

It's a great way to spend a week. And I learned about it form good ol
RCB!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy K

Old February 10th 04, 07:27 PM
Karin Cernik

Jerri,
Which back issue did those come from? (Gorgeous, by the way!) I just
started a sub, and was looking at getting some back issues, but not sure
which ones would be best. Those are great rings...

Karin

Beadbimbo wrote:

I'm so excited! I got a few back issues of the WAJ magazine today. I just
had to try something tonight, so went with this wire ring:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/wirering2.jpg

I was trying to make a 6 1/2 but my first one (black) came out a 5 1/4. I
think I was holding that ring REALLY tight, even though I'd stretched it up
to a 7 at one point! Lol. The second one (malachite) came out fine. I
really like these! A lot of the wire rings I'm not that wild about, so I'm
pretty hyped about making something that I'd wear!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 10th 04, 07:43 PM
Harry

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:17:41 -0500, "Beadbimbo" wrote:

Yep, I think Smyrna and Hapeville have both been assimliated. Lol. I used
to live in Chamblee and it's part of Atlanta now too.

And you wouldn't recognize Stone Mountain. It used to be more like a state
park. Now it's more like a them park!

I will have to go to Stone Mountain when I get down there and have a look around.
I use to love going in the winter when it was pretty much abandonded and you
had the whole rock to yourself almost.

Old February 10th 04, 10:09 PM
Beadbimbo

Thanks!
--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 10th 04, 10:09 PM
Beadbimbo

Hi Karin,

It's in the Sept 1999 issue.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
Wire Wrapping instead of jumprings...funny tools April H. Beads 13 September 12th 03 06:14 PM
Help! Wire gauge question Steve & Susan Wright Beads 0 September 10th 03 01:58 PM
Wire for beaded flowers Ken Knecht Beads 8 August 4th 03 02:31 AM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM