Att'n: SueCD / parcel arrived

Old October 28th 03, 04:39 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Att'n: SueCD / parcel arrived

Sue, the parcel arrived today, and I have emailed you offlist as well, but
I wanted to post here, and let people know that "HOMELAND SECURITY" IS in
force, and apparently doing their job, as the parcel was a cone of yarn,
obviously odd-shaped, so the FBI opened and secured it. I now am the proud
holder of an FBI secured package sticker!
LOL!
Hugs,
Noreen

---

Old October 28th 03, 04:43 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Thought I'd change the subject line of the post to Sue, so that others
would read it, as it is kinda for everyone.
Noreen

Old October 28th 03, 06:02 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

OMG. Don is rolling on the floor. It wasn't the FBI as in Federal Bureau
of Investigation... it was PBI, the POSTAL Bureau of Inspection!
No matter, I guess... homeland security IS at 'work'.... although I'm
somewhat embarrassed by the obvious need for new glasses!
FYI, they DID open and rewrap and readdress the parcel.
Noreen
who is red-faced, but laughing at herself too.

Old October 28th 03, 06:52 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

You are too funny for words. It's surprising what they look at and what they
don't.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 28th 03, 07:19 PM
Cher

OMG and I thought you had a sticker that would be worth a bomb in an
antiques market......ROFLcher

Old October 28th 03, 08:58 PM
Aud

LOL!! Noreen, you are fabulous ;-))
I sent yarn samples to Myka in an ordinary envelope,
the expediteur told me that there was no need for
specification label, as it was a letter.
But I insisted:
*IF they "feel" there is something in the enveloup,
and do NOT know what, I'm sure they will open it!.*
....and I got the label... (gift: x ....yarn samples)
(I think he thought I was crazy!)

BUT!! Now I wonder!!!
Did I, or may be Myka, miss to get a FBI/PBI sticker,
just because I insisted to tell what was in the letter?
That would be a pity!

AUD ;-))

--

"Noreen's Knit*che" skrev i melding

Old October 29th 03, 01:57 AM
Cori

I'm surprised that the 6x6 squares aren't all checked. I keep thinking when
I drop them off at the post office they are going to wonder what in the
world I've given them.

Hugs to all,
Cori

--
If my address reads spammers r stupid then give me a shout on line.
If my address reads yahoo delete no spam to email me back.
"Myka KS" wrote in message
I got Aud's letter today with no PBI/FBI sticker on it. . . Ah well, maybe
yarn samples aren't considered subversive after all! :-) Perhaps my turn
will come another day, and then I can be as special as Noreen. ::giggle::

Blessings,
Myka
--
Spam trap hint: contact me at the acronym
JustUnderNineOlives = juno

---

Old October 29th 03, 05:37 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

This Reminds me ladies ,,,,, many years ago , [terror was already
walking the skies] , i got a call from ElAl , requsting if i knew a
Harry Cohen in Belgium , i said yes of course he us my father ,,,,,,
;"OH" they said " Are you on Good terms with him?" ,,,,," excellent "
i said ,,,," Hummmmm" said the man on the other side ,, i have a
pcakge here and it makes this WEIRD noises,,,,, I asked him to
describe shape etc,,, and tumbled over ,,,laughing , my father sent me
a SCHULL BAAK , so here was the description i gave the Elal ,
rightfully worried guy ,,,, It is a wooden plank as long as an ironing
board but wider , at the end it has a box like a A cuttlery drawer,
and it are Wooden disks ,which are probably the source of the noise
!!!!
VIVA security people may they watch over our safety .
mirjam

Old October 29th 03, 05:37 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I have Trained my post clercks to expect ANY wool in my packs and
envelopes ,,,, mirjam who recieved a whole exhibition of Crochet
Figures , through the post , last May ....