OT `Charming charms `

Old August 16th 04, 01:35 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default OT `Charming charms `

Cleaned some drawers ,,, [somebody has to...] found some old keys ,,
Some of you might know that many fundamenatlists use keys as a kind
ofcharm or symbol ,.... thus i put them in front of me and think how i
will change there meanings ,,,, any ideas ? mirjam
Old August 16th 04, 01:53 PM
JiminyCricket

My aunt and uncle have kept old keys for years. She simply takes heavy pins
(sewing pins, good thick ones) and uses them to make a collage on the wall
of keys. She also has a huge collection of teeny tiny woven baskets. And,
after my uncle retired he began to make butterflies, she has a large # of
these on a wall also.

But I'm guessing you were thinking about what to do with the keys relative
to needlework...
Only have one idea so far -- could you make a drapery/curtain? The keys
would act as weights of some sort. Maybe you go do some representation of
doorways and passages and journeys to go along with the keys. (I tend to
think of most needlework in terms of usable items rather than purely
decorative/artistic -- must come from moving a lot and trying to have
multi-tasks for everything).

Susan

Old August 17th 04, 04:11 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Susan ,,
I think you missed my point , i want to use the keys , but since they
are being used since a quite a time now as a Fundamental charm, as a
prize to having done the worst deed , i can`t use them as is any
more. And i am looking at ways to change , add or take off or do any
thing that will change that foul connotation.
But thank you for your input ,,,,
My last visit to Brusseles i went to see a new museun they open in an
old part of a The Western gate castle , one of it`s nice corners is a
window with many keys hanging before it as a kind of metal lace ....
Another very interesting corner was , all kins of little chrams in the
shapes of humans or animals , or parts of body , written explanations
, say that people who suffered from an illness or pain would come to
the Nunnery there , buy for such a charm ,, and give it to the church
on this spot , so that the nuns will pray for healing of the problem .

mirjam