Why so quiet?

Old October 25th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

Default Why so quiet?

Is it just my imagination, or have things been quiet here the last few days?

I've put aside the Tree Everlasting that I was machine quilting because I
was about to throw my SM out the window. I know, I know, the problem was
between the machine and the seat of my chair, but one is inclined to blame
the SM, isn't one? -- like one blames ones computer.

I have started cutting and piecing a Churn Dash from calico solids and
traditional floral prints. The blocks are 12 inches square. It's a very
simple pattern, but imagine my surprise last night when I found that the
templates I was referring to in an old magazine for the the measurements of
my quick-piecing were wrong, wrong, wrong. No harm done, and I thought I
was very clever for catching the geometric error as soon as I did.

Tonight, I am dividing my attention between continuing to piece the calico
quilt top and making a picnic lunch for tomorrow's big polo match.

So what are you people up to? Betting on the World Series? On football
games? :-)

ep

Old October 25th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA[_3_]

I'm cutting fabric for a quilt for my sil's Christmas gift. Bought it today
on a little shopping trip. And I'm also busy quilting my customer quilts so
I can take December off! I should be at my machine now.......

--
~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA

Old October 25th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Oct 24, 7:36*pm, "Edna Pearl"
wrote:
[...]

I'm on the road for 10 days, driving out to PA to visit our son and
his wife and family. No phone, no stresses for the next week or
so...ah, heaven! Fabric is all set out in the sewing room for a warm
wishes quilt when I return.
Right now all I can concentrate on is seeing my little granddaughter
again and playing doting G'ma! Donna
Old October 25th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Oct 24, 8:36*pm, "Edna Pearl"
wrote:
[...]

When I get tired of quilting, (Why should that even be possible?), I
switch over to another type of creative endeavor. I'm making myself a
new sewing table with lots of drawers for the Janome 1600. I haven't
been using that machine because it didn't have it's own table, with
the ability to store all the many feet and other bits, that go with
it. They were spread out among various drawers, all around the room,
and now they are going to be combined in one hot sewing table. I so
can't wait to get this thing finished. Pictures will follow in a week
or so. Then it's back to quilting, with renewed enthusiasm.

John
Old October 25th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Oct 24, 7:36*pm, "Edna Pearl"
wrote:
[...]

I love churn dash. Never made one, but I want to. Please a post of
picture of
yours!
I've been trying to decide whether to hand-quilt a finished top, or
finish up
2 baby quilts (all they need is washing). Or start on a HUG quilt for
a friend
whose having a really hard time. The handquilting probably must take
back seat because that one is just for me, and the others are for
friends.
DH had surgery last week and I've been waiting on him hand and foot.
It
cuts into my quilting time. He's nearly back on his feet.
Sherry
Old October 25th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

On Oct 24, 7:36*pm, "Edna Pearl"
wrote:
snip

So what are you people up to? *Betting on the World Series? *On football
games? *:-)

ep

Um....I'm working on the home stretch of 4 Halloween costumes, needed
for a party on Friday. The last one has just been partially cut out,
and the remaining fabric bought today...argh. Alice in
Wonderland....done: Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit....Queen of Hearts
still to do....next time I had better have more warning as to what is
needed (this is for my family and hubby made the decision at the end
of September...oh, and these will also be for the annual family
picture...lol).

Plans for quilts are on hold until the middle of November because I
have to finish up several things for the craft fair that I will be
working...but plans...oh how I have plans!!

Larisa
Old October 25th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

well, it's been quiet here also. i've been cleaning up the house and
re-arranging furniture.
i dislike open houses. it's so judgemental.
anyway...i did sit and design a new quilt top on EQ today. it took 7
tries and color placements to
get to the end result. and even that probably won't be the way it
looks in real fabric.
then i baked a fresh apple pie...came out fabulous! mmm. had a piece
for supper. and some cheese.
tomorrow i have to clean out gutters if the sun ever comes out....ugh.

next?
amy in CNY
Old October 25th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I'm busy as a little bee, stitching and sewing and generally having a
grand time. My DH is off work all next week, and I will spend a good
bit of time just hanging around and being goofy with him. But I have
several work days scheduled with a good quilting friend who is going
to help me finish a project. It's coming together beautifully and I'm
really excited. On the horizon -- finishing a quilt I put aside some
time ago and now think I have the fortitude to fix, and then... well
who knows? I have two tops that are begging to be sandwiched up and
quilted and I have three stacks of fabric begging to be cut and
stitched. I'm sooooooo popular, they all want my attention.

Sunny
Old October 25th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

shhhhhhh, i'm having a nap.
j.

"Edna Pearl" wrote ...
Is it just my imagination, or have things been quiet here the last few days?

Old October 25th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

School, school and more school, parent/teacher conferences, Yearbook
deadline of 56 pages, and the class from you-know-where that I am taking
that is more work than I have ever, ever, ever had in a class, nothing like
the course description, lots of work that is not graded but required to pass
the class, more than 1000 pages of reading (no exaggeration), and on top of
the six page lesson plan that we are having to develop (not mentioned in the
course description which is about integrating technology into the
curriculum), I have to actually create a full example of the web site that
the lesson plan is about to post to our class web site as an example that I
will be showing my students. As if I had time. Only three more lessons
though and I am madly trying to work ahead.

Just a little overwhelmed and a bit stressed and I haven't touched a needle
and thread in probably four weeks and I am having withdrawal from not
sewing. Deep breaths.

Steven
Alaska

Very quiet Cheryl Isaak Needlework 39 February 10th 09 12:00 AM
Been quiet for a while AliceW Quilting 15 April 27th 06 06:00 PM
Quiet Please Polly Esther Quilting 23 February 9th 06 12:57 AM
This NG is entirely TOO quiet! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 July 12th 05 01:50 PM
it's quiet KJ Quilting 11 March 13th 05 03:10 AM