Needed: Cathedral Quilt Pattern

Old December 27th 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Needed: Cathedral Quilt Pattern

I wonder if anyone here could help me find this pattern. The one I'm
looking for isnt the one where you sew each square together, but you sew
several muslin squares (after folding and sewing) together to make a
block of about 9 or 10 inches (I think). Then you put the colored
little squares on. If this sounds familiar to anyone could you please
tell me where I can find it?

Thank You

Carol Ann in WV

Old December 27th 10, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

You could perhaps start by looking for Lynne Edwards' website (have to
start with Google, as I don't know it I'm afraid). She has written
several books and articles on Cathedral Window. There may not be a
pattern on her website, but I expect there are some links. She is in
England, but I'm sure you'll get something.
Or, you could just start with Google and search for 'Cathedral Window
pattern'. (I'm assuming that this is the pattern you want - it sounds
like it).
..
In message ,
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 27th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I just googled and found this:
http://www.sewing.com/projects/uploa...ndow_quilt.pdf
Google around if this one doesn't work. Lots of older quilt books have the
instrusctions and there are some out there that allow you to machine sew
part of the construction. That is a great carry around project. My sis had
a neighbor that did the blocks for years on her lunch break at work. The
finished result was literally awesome. Fun project.
Taria

Old December 27th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

You can find patterns for Cathedral Windows all over the internet,
simply by tapping "cathedral windows" into your search engine! I
suggest you read quite a few, and then save and/or print out the one
you like the best. All will work, and some are simpler than others.
Some are 100% hand-stitching, and others are a mix of machine
stitching and hand-stitching. I find it handy to make stacks of the
basic "before you add the windows" bits by machine at home, and then
cut the "windows", and put them into plastic zipper-style bags to
finish later. I take them with me when I travel and am in the mood
for some hand-stitching. Enjoy!

PS. Before you invest in lots of background fabric, I suggest you
make 9 of the background blocks, assemble, add the windows, and see
whether you enjoy working on this pattern! You will have a sample,
have experience in the work, and know whether you want to make
something large, all before you spend much money! My sample piece is
under a cut glass pitcher full of silk flowers in one of the guest
rooms.
Old December 27th 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately I'm on WebTV, not a
computer, and still in the Dark Ages as far as most new technology. I
have been searching the internet to find this pattern and when I click
on a link I just sit and wait and it never loads. Very frustrating.
I'll keep looking and maybe something will load.

Carol Ann in WV

Old December 29th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Aha! Thank you, Susan. I just Knew I'd seen an easier wonderful manner of
doing Cathedral Windows. It was when Shelley was on Simply Quilts. Oh my
that was such a wonderful show. Now we can watch 17 ways to make cupcakes
that look like a guitar or be advised to hide all of our kitchen appliances.
Oh woe. Polly

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
Is this what you want?

http://www.shelleysstudio.com/

She wrote a book of machine Cathedral Window quilts - I saw her on Simply
Quilts many years ago.

Susan

Cathedral window pattern Julie Marie Quilting 5 June 13th 07 10:03 PM
Pattern needed Boca Jan Quilting 3 November 12th 06 07:57 PM
FA:: Cathedral Window (Quilt) by Laura Nownes, 1991 TPB Number1Fred Marketplace 0 May 25th 06 02:13 AM
FA: Cathedral Window (Quilt) by Laura Nownes, 1991 TPB Number1Fred Marketplace 0 May 16th 06 11:27 PM
Pattern Help Needed Please T Quilting 8 August 15th 05 12:17 AM