I'm giving up beading forever!!

Old April 3rd 04, 06:06 AM
Kandice Seeber

Hell, I'm a Virgo and *I* don't even do housework before beading. LOL The
very thought!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

The "keeping me from my houskeeping" part should have been a dead

giveaway!
Come on! Is there ANYBODY who participates in RCB, even as a lurker, would
even *consider* doing housework before beading? We are hardcore devotees

the mysteries of the little balls with holes. :-) So we have a sparkly
carpet? So we do without lunch because there was a clasp we just had to
have. Who cares? At least we have stash to show for our efforts.

Old April 3rd 04, 06:07 AM
Debbie B

I thought it was pretty funny. I guess I'm a sick "puppy". LOL

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"Pam" wrote in message
well sorry to have made you all sick and grossed out. It's funny because
there is no way in hell it could have ever happened and yet this guy fell
for it. But I can see how the idea of it would make you uncomfortable. Oh
well.

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Okay. This isn't even remotely funny in any way. I would've fired them

on the
spot.

I agree !!
sounds just plain too mean...

I was getting sick just reading it -- cannot imagine if it had been MY

dog
and
someone telling me that!
Mean!!!!!

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

---

Old April 3rd 04, 07:11 AM
Kalera Stratton

BAD GIRL! You totally freaked me out for a second... I'm too gullible!
(LOL!)

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

JL Amerson wrote:
I've had it! They have distracted me from my housework too often. I give
up!!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
April Fools!!

Old April 4th 04, 10:23 AM
Kalera Stratton

Oh my god. That's kind of funny in the same way as calling someone and
saying "There's been a terrible accident, I'm afraid one of your
employees has backed over your son's best friend - he's in critical
condition, you should get here right away. Oh, APRIL FOOL'S!"

In other words, not. At all.

Screwing with people's emotions with regards to beloved living
creatures... even if it's someone else's beloved living creature... can
cause permanent emotional hurt. NOT COOL.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Pam wrote:
hahaha!

Wanna hear a really funny one? We are having our deck replaced and the
workers here called the head contractor guy this morning and told him that
our dog had jumped the fence (we have a big dog who is a love but keeps
barking at these guys and sounds like she wants to eat them even though her
tail is wagging) and that she attacked one of the guys, who then swung his
hammer at her and what should they do - the owner wasn't home - should they
take her to the vet (they said she was just laying there in convulsions) or
what should they do... the poor guy (who we've known for 4 years - he did
our remodel project and has known this dog since she was a puppy - his dog
used to play with her when they were both puppies) had to pull over as he
was driving when he got the call and was totally horrified - he figured she
hadn't really attacked but that the guy must have panicked since she is so
big - he was so mad that this guy had swung a hammer at her. He was just
about to hang up to call my husband (because he knew better than to call me)
when they started cracking up and april fooled him!

So funny - just glad it's not for real - she's my (other) baby, and she can
read my mind - I swear we are soul mates - if you can have a dog for a soul
mate.

Old April 4th 04, 10:25 AM
Kalera Stratton

I imagine that for people who have not actually experienced much injury
or suffering, it seems so improbable as to be funny. For those of us who
have experienced both, we don't find it so improbable.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Oh, man, it's not about pleasing! It's like making a joke about voilent rape.
Would you find that funny?

Violence isn't hilarious, especially violence against defenseless animals --
even accidental violence. Injury and suffering isn't funny.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old April 4th 04, 09:06 PM
Dr. Sooz

I imagine that for people who have not actually experienced much injury
or suffering, it seems so improbable as to be funny. For those of us who
have experienced both, we don't find it so improbable.

-Kalera

Good point.

To me, the whole situation was kind of like a very bad racist or sexist joke,
but real -- and worse.
~~
Sooz
-------