Lefse - true confessions about recipes

Old December 16th 03, 02:50 PM
Bungadora

Default Lefse - true confessions about recipes

I'm Danish descent. There's a difference. 8-)

Actually, my mom used to have a pan, shaped like a frying pan, but solid metal
to the top of the pan except for little round depressions in it. She explained
it was used to make little pancake balls, but did not give me the Danish name.
She got it as a gift and was a bit cranked out about it because as it was she
made pancakes (and oatmeal, and fried eggs) for my Dad every morning, and
additional work for her. I think she used it once. I wonder if lefse pans are
similar?

Dora

(Tia Mary
Not being a Norwegian by descent.....

This makes me LOL. DSonIL is Swedish and we tease him and tell him he is
Scandahoovian -- ya' seen one Northern European, ya' seen 'em all :-)). I
know, I know -- that's baaaaaad but he started it by making tacky remarks
about
his DEAR MIL being of Irish descent :-)))))))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old December 26th 03, 11:15 AM
Yggdrasil

Actually, my mom used to have a pan, shaped like a frying pan, but solid metal
to the top of the pan except for little round depressions in it. She explained
it was used to make little pancake balls, but did not give me the Danish name.
She got it as a gift and was a bit cranked out about it because as it was she
made pancakes (and oatmeal, and fried eggs) for my Dad every morning, and
additional work for her. I think she used it once. I wonder if lefse pans are
similar?

It sounds like your mother has an "aebleskivepand", used to make
Danish Aebleskiver :-) I have one of those pans, mine is out of cast
iron and I got it at an antique store in the US. Being from Iceland,
I knew what it was, and obtained recipes for aebleskiver from my
mother. I made them only once as they didn't impress my American DH
much! LOL

Katla
Old January 2nd 04, 02:55 AM
Bungadora

From the 'other side' of the Xmas holidays, it is just as well my mother never
got in to making them. Judging from the recipes, I would probably down much too
many of them too quickly.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was stranded at the family farm for a week due
to a broken vehicle. Suffice to say I've been reading the diet threads with
much interest.
Dora

Yggdrasil