Painting walls

Old May 23rd 04, 07:42 PM
Gerald Miller

On Sun, 23 May 2004 17:54:13 GMT, "Metis-Artist"
wrote:

I'm concerned with taking the finish of the window and door frames as I pre
painted those before assembly.

This is why I urge people to use only enough glue to hold these items,
including staircases in place; no one will sue you if the stairway
comes loose!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old May 24th 04, 04:10 AM
Carol

"Gerald Miller" wrote
This is why I urge people to use only enough glue to hold these items,
including staircases in place; no one will sue you if the stairway
comes loose!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Good thing that dolls can't sue. My staircase came loose and knocked over
Hamilton the butler. He wasn't happy.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old May 24th 04, 07:46 PM
Chuck

On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:30:43 GMT, "Metis-Artist"
wrote:

My problem is that the house is already built but the walls are not
finished...the wood is quite rough.
Can you still sand properly?
This is my first house.

You might want to invest in a Dremel (or comparable) detail sander.
This has small sanding plates that will get you into tight corners to
enable you to sand the thing properly, so you'll be proud of the
result. You could also use small sanding blocks and hand sand it.

It makes the best sense to learn to do things properly at this point
in your career, rather than learn "shortcuts" and work-arounds that
will enable you to do a halfway job. Do it right the first time, and
you'll never have to go back and fix a cob-job.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Old May 24th 04, 07:48 PM
Chuck

On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:26:34 -0400, "Carol"
wrote:

What I do is put a thin coat of paint on the wall. That raises up all the
junk in the wood and then I lightly sand with a medium grit paper. I paint
again and sand again until it's smooth. It's not really a lot of work and
it goes quickly.

That's what sanding sealer is for. If you use a coat of that to do
the same thing, your paint and your sandpaper will go farther, because
not only won't you be using your paint as a sanding sealer, but you
won't be filling up your sandpaper with pigment when you sand it away!